“Top notch service and food in great subdued ambience”

Bloomington ChopHouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bloomington ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 257 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 494 and France Ave. South
Description: The Bloomington ChopHouse is the place to dine for the best steaks as well as fresh seafood. Attentive service, spectacular wines, and great food make the Bloomington ChopHouse a preferred destination.
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Three people on christmas eve was served relaxed style. Staff very friendly and food outstanding. We would go there again for dinner. Have been there for lunches and discovered a diverse menu at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I dined at this establishment during a recent business dinner. The service was good although the two servers on staff were somewhat overrun.

I ordered the bone-in ribeye. The first steak was very overdone but they made me a second one that was good. Three members of our group ordered the fish and were disappointed in it. Overall, everyone felt that the food was good but not great.

The dinner itself was very expensive given the food quality.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

Located in the Hilton, this is a top class restaurant. I have often eaten here when it was raining or snowing in Bloomington. The food is always 1st class, but you pay for what you get. Be careful with your selections if you are on a limited expense account. They also have some excellent wines available. This has been recently renovated and is quite comfortable. The service is very good, sometimes a little too attentive

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

I travel about 150 nights per year. I am usually exhausted after a long day of work, so I occasionally decide to eat at the hotel restaurant. Some of the time, this is a mistake! This is the rare exception. I ate at the Bloomington ChopHouse twice during my stay. The first night I had a great meal, (crab stuffed walleye, lobster Mac and cheese), but they were pretty busy and didn't give me the level of service that one would expect for this type of restaurant. The manager, Bishara Sahoury, inquired about my satisfaction and when he discovered my mild disgruntlement, he immediately reacted. He offered to buy my dinner the next night. I wasn't expecting such a generous offer, but I accepted. The food, (lobster tail, creamed spinach, clam chowder, amazing ale, and a chocolate torte), was ridiculously wonderful and the service was superb. Summary: Great food, great service, very professional!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

I really enjoy this restaurant, It is on the expensive side so my husband and I save it for special occasions. Plates are a la carte but the portions are large enough to share and staff will ask if you want them split onto 2 plates. Although the prices are a little more expensive the amount of food you get is well worth the cost. Stakes are tender and cooked to perfection and the seared tuna is fabulous. Highly recommend the creamed spinach.

Staff sets this place apart from others. They are respectful of privacy yet very attentive to your needs. Additionally we had a gift card and their system was down. Instead of refusing the card they took it in good faith on my word of the value. Not many places will do something like that.

So if you are in the market for a delicious steak cooked to perfection make reservations at the Bloomington Chop House.

Date of visit: December 2015

Been to Bloomington ChopHouse? Share your experiences!