“Family Birthday Dinner”

Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 257 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$18 - US$49
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-494
Description: Kincaid's Restaurant is a classic American grill that has been artfully serving quality USDA Choice steak and innovative seafood since 1983.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Ordinarily I'm not one to take my 10, 13, and 20 year old to a steakhouse. Usually it's either too costly, too stuffy, or too wasteful. This dinner was delightful!!!!

Atmosphere is deceiving....beautiful but not stuffy at all!

Service was excellent, everyone found something on the menu they loved (although now the 13 year has discovered he likes prime rib so that could prove to be an adventure!) and I got a very sweet card at the end with a delicious creme brûlée.

We HIGHLY recommend the appetizer sampler...when the kids declare the beef tenderloin to be "heaven", it's a winner.

The prime rib was phenomenal. They even allowed me to switch out the fish on my dish simply because I'm not a fan of the salmon. I had corvina and it was great.

The only reason this gets less than perfect review is the seating. So many people crammed into one restaurant left me (and my chair) consistently bumped into by staff, guests, and hosts. My wine glass was in perpetual danger of falling over from the table being knocked into and I almost had a tray dumped behind me because of the lack of space. Just getting up to use the restroom was like being a maze for mice.

All in all a very nice dinner! Just don't be surprised about the super close seating.

Jason C, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Jennw421,

Thanks for the feedback on our restaurant. We strive to make each guest feel like they are our one and only guest of the night and we accomplished that on a good amount of things, and missed it on the table selection. The floor map has always been a work in progress as we have a very narrow restaurant. Know we will look at these comments and try to make the restaurant more comfortable. Thanks again for the review/feedback, and looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

jcofer@r-u-i.com

Reviewed 4 October 2017

the restaurant is in an office complex so it's a little hard to find. Very nice atmosphere and attentive service. The calamari appetizer was really delicious. The blackened cedar plank salmon was excellent. My friend had the short ribs and the gravy/sauce was extraordinarily good. My only suggestion for improvement is that we felt the server was rushing us a bit. We were wondering if they needed to turn over tables quickly.

Jason C, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Kincaid's. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food, I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the chef. I will also follow up with my serving staff about rushing. We don't want anyone to feel rushed, as a matter of fact we try and make sure that every tables feels like they are our one and only table of the evening. If there is anything you need in the future please let me know.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have been to Kincaids in both Bloomington and Downtown St Paul. Usually, a brand will be consistent by locations, but this is just not the case. Last evening, we went to the Bloomington Kincaids as I was craving a steak. It was terrible. The service was great (props to Jerry) - but the overall dining experience was a 4 out of 10 at best. That being said - the Downtown St Paul Kincaids has always been stellar. I would likely state that this restaurant was having an off night, however this once stately gem was all but empty at 7PM on a Saturday night. I can't help but think that it's due to the diminishing quality of the food. Anyone who has "Steak House" in their menu should offer more than two steaks and, for the LOVE OF GOD, know how to prepare a filet Medium rare without over-burnt char. It was a disaster. To their credit, however, they did remove the cost of the steak from the check and did offer free dessert; however I can't help but believe that diligence at the grill could have prevented this. Especially when the restaurant was NOT busy. Overall, I would skip this location.

Worth noting - I have been in the foodservice industry for over 20 years and I always give a restaurant the benefit of the doubt. Especially one as established as Kincaids. I will say the service was strong and the accommodation (after the fact of the horrible steak) was superb. I just wish it didn't have to happen.

Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

Jennie, thanks taking the time to write this review. I wish it was a better one, but it is always good to hear the things we can improve on. I will make sure to pass on your words about the lack of steaks to our corporate office, so they can look at improving this in the future. AS for the steak I will follow through with my chef to see what was going on that evening. This does not excuse the fact that the steak was not done your desired temperature, but know that we take all reviews serious and will make sure to correct this issue.

Jcofer@r-u-i.com

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I organized a business dinner with 10 people here. I am one of the more discerning TripAdvisor folks - aka picky! I was pleased with the food and very pleased with our waitress - she was fantastic! Would absolutely schedule do a business dinner here again - no need to drive into the city.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Great food and service for a planned business group. The staff did a great job on handling a rather large group.

Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Mel,

I am so happy we were able to meet your needs, and if there is anything you may need int he future please let me know.