“Great late night food and a nice priced selection for dinner..ask about the kids meals they have them but dont advertise”

5120 Restaurant & Onyx Bar
Ranked #75 of 242 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: France Ave.
Description: Discover this neighborhood gem restaurant! Outstanding cuisine and stunning decor tucked within the Country Inn & Suites Hotel in the heart of Bloomington, close to the Mall of America and MSP airport. Our all-glass English Conservatory is the perfect venue for elegant wedding events, parties, corporate meetings and dinners, banquets and celebrations for up to 120 people.
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We got tired of running around and after having breakfast in the hotel for several days as well as enjoying late night snacks(nachos fantastic btw) we decided to try for dinner. The fries are real and excellent. I have to say this was one of the best places we ate during our week in the cities and we ate a lot of places. Even if we didn't stay at the hotel again we would still go back there and eat. They have great kids meals too, you just have to ask about them. My 4 year old had a great big cheese burger with homemade fries and a drink for less than 6 dollars. Its small and a little weird because the bar is right there and one dining room was being worked on and the other was being used for a function but the food was great and the staff were too.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

If you are seeking a place for a wedding/gathering of 40-120 people this is THE place. A total best kept secret in the rear of a Country Inn and Suites in Bloomington. This room is stunning -- surround in vaulted atrium glass, TWO fireplaces, 4 very large crystal chandeliers and to boot a glass water fountain. Just plain stunning -- you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We went here because we've been seeking out new places to try in Bloomington and this showed up with good reviews. It is located inside the Country Inn & Suites and the decor is pretty nice. There is a nice bar and a room in the back with a fireplace and a wall fountain feature. The menu we were given was not the same as the one on line but we both found something we could try. I had a buffalo chicken wrap and the meat was a little dry, no side of ranch was given. My husband had a sandwich and it was average. While the waiter was very nice, he was also handling the bar and all the other tables. Too long to wait for so-so food. Sorry, but we won't be back.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

The bar and restaurant. Ate here both nights. The reason I tried it again after the bad experience the first night was, it was at the hotel after a long day and I wanted to give it a second chance. I ordered room service the first night, the person that answered the phone was polite and nice. She advised of pricing for bringing to our room; once delivered you are asked for a tip; on something you just had to pay the fee for them bringing. So the food. Well. I ordered the Bistro wrap; I took two bites and the remaining went into the trash. It had no taste, was cold, and dry because of no sauce. The coleslaw was so dry; it was as if they just chopped it & tossed it into the bowl.
My second experience with this restaurant I decided I would go there & have dinner. The happy hour drink list had good choices, and the bar tender was good and friendly. The food… again fell way short. This time I ordered the steak. The sides that came with it, were good; the main food was horribly prepared; as with the room service order I did not finish. Extremely disappointed and surprised since you’re paying a premium for the food and drinks.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Food was good, although I thought a bit expensive for the type of restaurant. It seemed to be trying to be a fine dining experience in a lunch atmosphere.

1  Thank out2havefun