“Oh, I LOVE this place!”
Review of Lela

Lela
Reserve with OpenTable
Lela is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 242 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Anchored by a bustling open kitchen, Lela is comfortably modern with a friendly, sophisticated atmosphere. The menu is classic, yet creative, and features contemporary seafood crudos, prime steaks and house-made pastas crafted by Executive Chef Stewart Woodman. Centered around the pleasures of the table, Lela invites you to step into the origin of new experiences.
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I have FINALLY found a place that cooks a steak the way it is meant to be cooked, and odes it according ti what the diner wants instead of what the chef wants to to be. My steak, ordered cooked "dry medium", was absolute perfection.

So, too, was everything else we had. The Bao Buns are addictive, the stilton soup is fabulous, and the dessert??? Sublime. Truly sublime. GET THE DOUGHNUTS. Trust me on this- just get the doughnuts.

There are several areas- from more formal to a chefs table to a bar area to a lounge. All work well, so you can have the atmosphere you want and still have the great food bo matter where you sit.

It's a great place, and really HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

You think you know your area with all the excellent restaurants in town and then you discover a five-star ding experience...that’s what happened to us in late October. I ordered The chefs special, sea scallops and my wife had a perfect steak. What enhanced our cuisine were four different types of exotic salts for seasoning. Along with my scallops was a delicious sweet cream corn and lobster foam for a subtle extra taste. My wife’s order included a great bowl of hand made fries. I travel the world and have experienced some of finest dining the world has to offer and I was pleased to find Lela, within only a mile or so from our home.

Jeremy A, General Manager at Lela, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Barry V,

I am very pleased to hear that you were able to experience Lela's culinary journey. Chef Stewart and his culinary team create such wonderful dishes, down to the details with the salts and lobster foam. Lela is definitely a gem and we are happy that you enjoyed your experience. Until next time, safe travels.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We stayed at the hotel this restaurant was in and what a great find! The portions were great and the choices were awesome. The price was very reasonable and the service was wonderful too. Would eat here again and definitely recommend to others!

Lisa P,

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are happy that you enjoyed your time in Lela and appreciate your recommendation of our restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We both had the steak, two different kinds and both were amazing, cooked perfectly! The service was exceptional.

Missie S,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad to hear that you tried steak, one of our staples here at Lela! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stopped for a mid-afternoon snack and both decided upon a tartar. We were served with a piece of chopped beef about one inch cubed accompanied by extremely greasy fried bread. The beef had no sauces but was extremely salty (one good way to sell drinks). We We explained the problem and were served another cube with no semblance of a tartar just one sprig of cilantro.

2  Thank edwardstafford

Been to Lela? Share your experiences!