“In need of some updating and more airport shuttles”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 9 March 2016

My husband and I have always stayed here (the last 16 years) for the Park ‘N’ Stay package when we need to fly out of Minneapolis for an extended period of time (this is usually during the cold, winter months).
From our experience, it doesn’t appear that seniors get any kind of discount on the package like they do for other room rates, and the price just keeps going up every year.
If you stay here during the winter months, you might want to ask for an upper floor, as the first floor is very cold (bring slippers).
The rooms and entire hotel are old and in need of some updating, which I understand they are in the process of doing. The room was very comfortable, though the fan on the heater was very loud ... bring earplugs. We are anxious to see how things turn out after the renovations.
The front desk staff have always been friendly and accommodating.
One of the reasons we stay here is that the Outback Steakhouse restaurant is attached to the hotel, which is convenient if you don’t want to leave the hotel to go out for dinner; also, the 24-hour airport shuttle. However, this last time we stayed, we found that they cut back on their airport shuttle drivers and there was a delay in pickup, especially when our plane landed and we needed a ride back to the hotel to pick up our vehicle. The time it took to pick us up at the airport was much longer than previous times, and we ended up making several stops at other pickup areas that we never had to before. After a very long day of traveling, you just want to get back to your vehicle and get home. Hopefully, they can fix this problem.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
comfhot, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete your TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn - Bloomington Airport.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. We are currently going through a massive renovation which should be completed May 2016. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I travel extensively (over 200 days per year in hotels)..and this is without doubt the worst management I have ever come across.

I arrived at the hotel late evening having made a booking via hotels.com pre paid for the room, on the booking it stated that I could use cash as a deposit and was a key factor in my choice of hotel as I know my chip and pin card does not often work in the USA.

On arrival the receptionist told me credit card only for deposit. .no cash. I showed her my booking confirmation with the cash deposit information IN WRITING. .she contacted the Manager Dennis..who all he did was say card only..no exceptions. ..in short leaving me stranded with no hotel room for the night.

After many phone calls to hotels.com they found me another hotel..but I it took a number of hours and a lot of anxiety.

My suggestion to comfort inn chain is to fire Dennis and replace him with a computer that just repeats no no no...what's the point of having a manager if he is not going to use his brain? ie think "it's not the customers fault..maybe a mistake by comfort. .maybe a mistake by hotels.com..but don't make the customer suffer when it is not his mistake"

I will never stay at this place again. .so disgusted at my treatment.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2016

The hotel is undergoing major renovations, but the positives so outshine any negatives that it's hardly worth mentioning. The lobby clerks are genuine. Genuinely nice, genuinely helpful, genuinely decent human beings.

We originally planned to stay for only one night. But after settling in for the evening, we began talking about how nice it would be to stay another night. I checked with the lobby and they said they still had a room for the next night. We sort of forgot about it since we only live an hour and a half away, but then later in the evening the thought popped up again....hey, this place is great. It's clean, it's comfortable, it's quiet, the help is genuinely nice, so why not. So we did extend our stay for another night. No regrets. The second night was as restful as the first. It really was presented as a home away from home.

Stayed: February 2016
comfhot, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Whenever I am in the MPLS area, I always stay at the Comfort Inn Airport. I love the staff at this hotel and the face that it is connected to the Outback Steakhouse. The hotel rooms and hallways are a little dated but the hotel is going through renovations, there are poster boards around the hotel showing what the new rooms will look like and they look awesome! The Park and Fly package at $159 is a great deal, the 24 hour shuttle service is great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people especially when the renovations are complete.

Stayed: February 2016

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this
information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of
our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We stayed here Jan.18,2016 so we could catch an early flight the next morning. Comfortable bed with a good assortment of pillows. 24 hr. free shuttle to the airport with 10 days free parking. Only $8.00/day after 10 days. The Outback restaurant is a plus.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
comfhot, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete your TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Comfort Inn - Airport
952-876-6603

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
0.3 km away
1.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
1.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!