“That was a lot of food.”
Review of Sammy Perrella's - CLOSED

Sammy Perrella's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 23 June 2017

My friend brought me here for my birthday. She is a coupon queen and wanted the buffet. Only on Monday, they told her. Undeterred we ordered from the menu. The portions are huge, she warned. She was right.
She enjoyed the Chicken Tetrazzini, while I chose Chicken and Sausage Tortellini Corleone. It was served with garlic bread and I had added a side salad. The salad was very good. The portions fine, the croutons a bit soft, and the plate kind of small, but the food was very good. The entree arrived a little below desired temperature, and I made the mistake of eating it all. The sausage was spicy, chicken chunks (all breast meat) were nice and big, and the sauce delicious. The entire experience was very nice. Raspberry iced tea completed my meal and I rolled to the car satisfied.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Very mediocre for the $. Greeted and seated quickly but took a while for drink order. Server was good. Bloody Mary sat for a bit. We ordered wings right away and they came out wrong. They apologized and comped them. $ 10.50 is a bit much for bone in wings. My daughter loved her chicken Tetrazzini. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs and I got one and a half golf ball size meatballs...... seriously one of them was obviously cut in half. For 15.99 it is absolutely not worth it. Sauce was thin and watery. Their prices are a little higher than they should be. Pizza looked good so maybe stick with that.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I've tried this place a few times and sometimes it's good, but most visits have yielded poor results. We won't be going back after our last visit to get food for friends over for the Fourth of July.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Sammy's is our go to neighborhood bar in Brooklyn Park. 2 for 1 drinks all day every day. The bar is kind of cozy and not to noisy. We always order the same food; sausage, pepperoni and half green olive pizza on a gluten free crust and/or honey barbecue chicken wings. Unfortunately, we can't vouch for the rest of the menu as it's been years since we ate pizza or pasta made with traditional ingredients. Their gluten free crust is really good though. I was there with girlfriends recently and they all raved about the pasta dishes they ordered.

The service is always great and the food arrives quickly. We're glad Sammy's is in the neighborhood!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We used their party room and our family/friends had a great time. The server asked us ahead of time how we wanted the bill to be taken care of. She also asked if we wanted to include alcohol, which I thought was nice, since a few people had ordered drinks. She was ready to take care of everything. The food was great - as always. We eat there often when we visit relatives in town.