“We love Nina's!!! ”

Nina's Steakhouse
Ranked #61 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

We absolutely love Nina's. Why?

#1 Because of Nina - who is super fun & friendly. She is the Russian mom that I never had. ; )

#2 The food is fantastic! We love the cabbage rolls, peasant (ravioli) dinner, ribs, etc. So good!!!

Go & see for yourself!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

This restaurant is wonderful! Their Russian dishes are fabulous, my favorite is the Queens Pork Medallions, while my husband prefers the Beef Stroganoff. Be prepared for a large portion at a very fair price, and try their house made flavored vodka! Their cabbage borscht is also really good and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

A True "diamond in the rough". Look past the old bar feel and just enjoy the food and cocktails. Nina really wants you to love everything you order. Every item is under $ 10.00. The portions are enormous. Even the $ 3.50 side salad is a winner. We loved the ribs, which our server said were"amazing" and she was right. They were moist and very tender. We were told besides the Ribs, regulars return for the Beef Stroganoff, Cabbage Rolls, Peasant-style (homemade) Meat Ravioli with Homemade Creamy Mushroom Sauce and the Chicken Medallion. We will return often.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

We were enjoying a reasonably good meal when it was interrupted by the stench of smoke. It wasn't a cigar, or cigarette — but it sure smelled like one. The culprit was a someone "vaping", which Nina's allows. Our waitress was apologetic, saying it's legal for now but that would probably change. I asked her to tell the manager that businesses have a choice on vaping. They don't have to allow it. And as long as they do, we won't be back. Please avoid this place.

1  Thank mmcintee
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Nina treats you like you are her family. She is the kind of person who has never met a stranger. She feeds you and loves you up but she corrects you as she deems necessary. It is fun and funny and you love her a little by the time you leave.

The 2-4-1 All Day drinks are a nice little bonus! The vodka is awesome and her food is largely very good. It's a Russian restaurant so my friend and I decided to start with borscht. I will admit I was scared. A soup made of beets, cabbage, and carrots with no protein did not seem like my gig. Boy, was I wrong. Nina clucked over me and watched me try my first bite before wrestling my spoon away from me and stirring my generous dollop of sour cream into the soup to distribute it evenly. "Here! Like this!"

Next came my Chicken Kiev and my friend's Peasant Ravioli. The minute I saw her dish I went from smug certainty that I had out-ordered her to plate envy. Both looked good but hers...wow. Mine was okay, it was crispy outside and moist inside but it was neither bursting with butter and chives nor was it seasoned enough. I was a little disappointed. But the ravioli? It was so good that words fail me. Creamy, rich sauce that wasn't cloying or overwhelming with homemade pillows of pasta and meat. It was heaven in a skillet, Baby.

1  Thank Dita D

Been to Nina's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!