“A True Middle-Eastern Gem”
Review of Filfillah

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Filfillah
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Authentic middle eastern food prepared by our Turkish and Egyptian chefs. Scratch kitchen with large portions. This is a must check out restaurant in the Minneapolis area. We are a destination for many travelers.
Reviewed 5 January 2017

My mother and I LOVE Middle-Eastern cuisine! Our favorites are Holy Land and Jerusalem's. However, once we finally got around to visiting Filfillah, our allegiances began to change. This food is PHENOMENAL!!! Fresh, vibrant, and delicious! AND it's something my mother can order via Door Dash!

We both ordered our favorite appetizers for this type of cuisine. I got the Falafel. Filfillah's version is among the best I've ever had. The standard sized order comes with 6 HUGE pieces, perfectly flavored with parsley, spices, onions, and garlic. The tahini sauce was also wonderful, though they didn't initially give me enough (easily fixed as they brought out more for no additional charge). My mother ordered the Dolma. She loves stuffed grape leaves, and Filfillah's were excellent - lots of lemon and onions, and a very tasty cucumber yogurt sauce for dipping.

For our entrees, we both got the Filfillah Platter. It comes with 2 Shish Kabobs - one lamb and one chicken, an Adana Kabob (a mix of ground beef and lamb with onions and spices), a TON of Shawarma (both lamb & beef and chicken varieties), all served on a bed of saffron rice. It also came with a BIG piece of Turkish Bread (like a giant sourdough bun) as well as tahini and cucumber sauces for dipping. NOTE: This Platter is HUGE and can easily be split between 2 people.

The platters stuffed us so full that we didn't have room to partake in dessert. Filfillah has the usual suspects, Baklava, Rice Pudding, and Basbosa, plus a Turkish dessert called Kunafa - which is a pastry stuffed with sweet goat cheese and ground pistachio nuts. It looked divine!!!

Overall, Filfillah is a welcome addition to the Middle-Eastern dining scene in the Twin Cities. If you're a fan of Holy Land or Jerusalem's, Filfillah is definitely worth a look.

2  Thank Darren B

Reviewed 2 January 2017

This was our first visit to Filfillah. After having visited a few well-known Middle Eastern/Greek restaurants in the same area for the last few years, I consider Filfillah simply the BEST! All food was well prepared and delicious. And their bread is unique! Service was impeccable. I can't wait to go back

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Went with my family and shared a combo platter. Came with a variety of meats and sauces as well as their Turkish bread. The shwarma wasn't the best I've had but v good. The sauces (favs were garlic and tahini) really put it over the top. Came back and tried the Turkish bread-made "pies" for lunch. All very good and a nice lunch.

1  Thank KRSTWO
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

We had a group of 8 people come in for dinner on a Wednesday night. First of all I am a really picky eater and I loved this food. My wife's mother ordered for the table which was also a good idea to try all sorts of things. At the end we had a desert brought out with blueberry on top which was also good. My wife and I will definitely make the drive back to come here again!!!

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

My understanding is that Filfillah is under new ownership and wow has it improved! Service was quick and polite, which are both important but the food is really the showcase of the restaurant. My partner enjoyed the slightly-too-salty lentil soup and this is purely preferential. The bread was amazing as always, paired with a mezze plate and toum/garlic paste. I heard great things from those around me about their Jerusalem and chicken shawarma sandwiches and falafel platters. I loved my Beyti kebab entree, which is meat wrapped in a lavash bread, smothered in yogurt and tomato sauce with fragrant rice on the side. I can't wait to come back here.