Spring Bay Resort
Pine View Inn(Virginia)(Great Value!)
US$60
Hotels.com
US$63
Priceline
  • Room Service
The Lodge at Giant's Ridge(Biwabik)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hotels.com
All reviewsfish cleaning housestevemuskieweekdockcabinlake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I decided to go on a fishing trip for the first time with my husband. I must say I was not looking forward to it. I did not expect all the amenities that they had there. We stayed in the Preston. It was absolutely beautiful. It had 3 bedrooms, one bath and a full size kitchen with a dishwasher. It was directly across from the lake. The weather didn't cooperate the first 3 days we were there but that didn't matter. We went out on the lake in one of the resorts pontoon boats. We ate daily at the Landing and of course had ice cream at Moosebirds. Both of these places were within walking distance of the resort. Steve and his family are extremely friendly and very accomodating. Before we left, we checked out the Natalie (good for a larger group) and the Mason. I thought the Preston was great both the other two cabins were just as nice if not nicer. Everyone is town is very friendly and makes you feel like family. I look forward to my next visit. My husband may be sorry he asked me to go with him.

Room Tip: All cabins I saw were great. It just depends how close you want to be to the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dalady
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We have guests at Spring Bay resort for over 5 years now, can't say enough good about the resort, the cabins and the owners! Cabins are super clean, nice comfie beds, lots of creature comforts, such as wireless Internet, cable TV, some with dishwashers and always a nice hot shower! They often have resort wide BBQ's with delicious food at no cost to the guests....yummy!

We have always felt extremely welcome with resort owners always willing to go that extra mile. An example is the few times we have broken down, radioed the resort and the owner himself has come to tow us home! There are special things about this resort too numerous to mention, so rest assured, you won't be disappointed.

It's located in a quiet bay, with lots of docks, a beach, gas pump, boat launch, fish cleaning house.....and dock help!!

Room Tip: Ask for a newer cabin, but if not available, the older cabins are cheaper and perfect for a small family. They all have decks and BBQs to bring the outside in.....
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed for a week in the Natalie cabin with our three boys ages 9, 12 and 17. They had a great time! Between fishing, jet-skiing, camp fires, water bikes, swimming and four wheeling they barely had time to sleep! The resort is on a very nice bay on Lake Vermillion. The owners are extremely friendly and couldn't be better! They go the extra mile to make sure your family has a memorable experience. You won't be unhappy with Spring Bay Resort! You also get two hours of complementary guided fishing which my 12 year old loved! The cabins are well taken care of and very clean. With fresh towels and all the kitchen essentials you need. I would not hesitate to stay here. They make it a very nice family vacation!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family