All reviews nice place to stay convenience store the staff was friendly and helpful mn cabin
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the Vermilion Motel. Large room, clean, very friendly staff. I brought my pillow for our overnight stay and discovered the next night that I had left it in the room. We were now in Two Harbors, MN and could not drive back to Cook. The front desk staff was courteous and assured me they would be able to send it to me. I received it today in the mail....not that is service not found everywhere!! Loved the murals of wildlife on the walls!!

Room Tip: Any room is fine. We were on the first floor but it seemed quiet throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We have happily stayed at Vermilion Hotel 2 times in the last month and there is no better place for a night's sleep! We needed a nice, convenient hotel to stay at on our way to Canada with our family; after reading the reviews and seeing where Vermilion was located on the map, we booked our stay. All the staff that we encountered were wonderful and they accommodated us with our late check-ins. The rooms are well furnished, everything new and great "Up North" décor. The beds are comfortable and the room is big. The hotel is attached to the gas station/convenience store attached where you can grab delicious rolls, coffee, milk or juice for breakfast. We will definitely be staying at this hotel on our future trips to Cananda!!!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were two couples sharing a room on a snowmobile trip. The room was big, the staff was friendly and helpful and the beds were comfortable. The location was on the trail and there was gas and groceries on site. Pretty much everything you could ask for in a stay. Great value.

Room Tip: I can't remember the number but at the top of the stairs. Big, w/two queens, a lounge chair and a table and chairs for cards.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I stayed 5 nights in January while checking up on some remodeling work we are having done on our cabin on Lake Vermilion. There aren't many choices of places to stay in the winter time in Cook. The Vermilion Hotel was a pleasant surprise. The room was larger than I expected, clean, warm, quiet and in excellent condition. This business is run by a very pleasant family. They are my idea of the typical, nice, decent North Woods people. You do need to telephone them for reservations. Even during the winter they can get busy, especially on the weekends so don't count on just dropping in to get a room.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We were in town to visit family and had never stayed at the motel before. I was pleasantly surprised with how well kept and cute the rooms were. It was very clean and I didn’t second guess setting up our pack-n-play on the carpet. The bed was very comfortable and overall it was a very quiet and pleasant stay. I did forget shampoo and conditioner and found they don’t provide any in the rooms or at the desk.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family