“Deep fried walleye, cod, and friendly service ”

Hillside Fish House
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Marshland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We ate here on a Monday night. We had reservations for 5 pm and sat at a pleasant window table. We were also offered the option of a cozy, private booth. It was quite busy for a Monday night. I loved the Parmesan French bread and sweet pickles brought to our table. We had the edelweiss wine from local winery. Clam chowder and salads were very good. Deep fried cod and walleye were our choices. Excellent, affordable food and the host and our server were friendly and efficient. I will definitely return. Hillside fish House is featured in the second edition of Wisconsin Supper Clubs book. Highly recommend!
This was my first visit here and I am so glad we are here!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

A great throw back restaurant! Do yourself a favor. Leave today behind. Treat yourself to Hillside! Delicate, perfectly fried cod. With a side of the biggest shrimp one has seen! Served by a very warm hearted, attentive waitress.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Great little spot with superb fish and seafood. Not sure if they take reservations, but can get extremely busy...you may want to call ahead.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Very Busy place you'll have to wait a bit. Food very good not all that expensive.We had tried to get in each visit this was the first time we succeed

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Reservations recommended! I love seafood, and this is the best place in the area for it. But it's not just the great food. This is a historic business and I enjoy the atmosphere. The outside appearance is underwhelming, but the interior is very attractive and clean, and the staff is friendly and attentive. The background music is appealing to me, and the cocktails are also tasty and reasonablypriced. I enjoy the unique bread dusted with parmesan cheese and the relish tray. My only problem is making a decision on what to order! I also missed the Manhattan clam chowder the past few times I've been here. You can order most selections panfried, blackened, broiled, etc. It's great to have that choice. Never had a disappointing meal here.