Jags Beanstalk
All reviewscoffee shophaida heritageplace to stayshort drivecomfortable bedswalking distancegreat hostsqueen charlotte citythree nightsevery morningdelicious foodthe location is perfectexcellent experienceeggsbistro downstairsfamily businessexcellent bistro
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I only had 4 days, all sunny - in October! A comfortable clean room, and excellent breakfast and lunch. The hosts are super accommodating- I got home late one night to find a homemade cinnamon bun waiting in my room. Lovely Zen-like spot.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Local favourite. Food always homemade, fresh and delicious ! Fresh bread and gorgeous produce make for perfect sandwiches, soups, salads and daily specials. Today I had the veggie curry and my friend had the chicken quesadilla - divine! Also, breakfasts awesome and Best coffees on island!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Kind and fun staff. Place lined up out the door it's that good. Coffe's and even hot chocolate come with custom design in the mild/foam on top. Also, if you need an early bus they'll arrange for you to get your even earlier morning coffee. Just great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Clean and comfortable rooms, gorgeous views, fantastic coffee, delicious food and capable, gracious, welcoming hosts! My mom and I really enjoyed our six-day stay at Jags Beanstalk. It is in a great location and the views are stunning. We felt very well taken care of while we were there and we were very happy to come back to such a comfortable place after a day of exploring. And the food and coffee are absolutely delicious. I am looking forward to returning to Haida Gwaii with my husband and hopefully my sons and we will definitely stay at Jags! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed at "Jags" for three nights at the end of July 2017 and loved everything about this place. The location is perfect - beautiful view and a bench perched above the beach in which to enjoy the view. We were in different rooms - #1 and #2 and both were tastefully decorated with lovely bedspreads and bedding, beautiful bathrooms, and a view of the ocean. The rooms were absolutely impeccably clean. The hosts - Sue and Jags - were very friendly and offered advice about things to do on Haida Gwaii and they even gave us a bag of baking for our Haida Style Expeditions adventure. Great coffee and food in the bistro downstairs and a lovely deck to enjoy it as you look over the ocean. We would definitely stay here again if/when we revisit these beautiful islands. Book early though as they seem to book up quickly.

Stayed: July 2017