Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Some interactive experiences offered!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
EmilieMN12
Weekend visit to Great Lakes Aquarium

Reviewed 29 March 2021
jeff n sally c
Wadena, Minnesota

Recommended experiences in and around Duluth
from US$204.23
More Info
All reviews great lakes fresh water fish touch tank aquatic life local fish river otters hands on activities rainy day interactive exhibits couple of hours lake superior lift bridge canal park sturgeon masks freshwater species
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There were animals you’d expect, like otters, fish, and jelly fish, and the ones you wouldn’t: a bald eagle, a turkey vulture, an opossum, and two skunks. The skunks like walks on the boardwalk daily, so if you’re lucky you might see them. Make sure you purchase some paw-made artwork by the skunks! I got a bookmark, but they have canvases too! The otters were my favorite to look at, and my boyfriend and I both loved to touch the jelly fish. All the staff were friendly and knew so much about the animals at their designated exhibits. Also very clean! Would recommend!

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank Skye H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I thought my kids would be too old to have fun but my 13 and 16yr old kids enjoyed it. Mainly, because some of the interactive experiences were open. That made a difference. They wished they could have touched a stingray but they were happy with the 2 they were able to do. The views from the deck were beautiful too.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 26 May 2021

Second visit to this aquarium. Unfortunately, a lot of the exhibits didn’t have animals displayed, particularly the mammals.Tropical fish are Included.There are great views of Lake Superior.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

Every city we go to, we always visit the aquarium. That said, this one is in our top five and we've probably been to over 50 aquariums.
Extremely well thought out and flows nicely. The exhibits have a lot of interesting information and we really learned a lot more than we were expecting.
There are more than just the fish, a few animals and birds.
It doesn't hurt that every window you pass by has a gorgeous view of the Duluth harbor and the lift bridge.
The admission attendant was very friendly and nice, as well as the guard at the front. There was one lady at one of the exhibits that looked bored and was on her phone the entire time we were there. I had a question, but she couldn't be bothered.
All in all, I highly recommend and after, take a walk along the harbor and it's just a couple blocks to downtown with some fun restaurants and shops.
There is also a boat tour just 1/2 block from the aquarium that is really fun.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank michellehK8981VR
Reviewed 29 March 2021

We were in Duluth over the weekend and decided to stop in at the Aquarium as it was in March and some of the attractions weren't quite opened up yet but the Aquarium was and it was a rainy day. It is a fun place there is alot of cool creatures and history to see there however it was very warm in the building and was kinda crowded as well maybe part of that was due to the fact it was raining out when we stopped in though. Overall we really enjoyed our visit we just wished that they would have maybe kept the temps a little cooler in there with all the people that were in there. But it is a fun place to see and somewhere you should visit if in the area.

Date of experience: March 2021