“Loved the coriander pepper smoked salmon and prairie breeze cheese.”

Northern Waters Smokehaus
Ranked #1 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 22 January 2018

So much more convenient since they added the drive through. A few years ago, when I called, they declined to take my order and cc over the phone. I was warned I needed to stand in line “like everyone else”. So, my foresight in knowing what I wanted, and my willingness to pay in advance was a flaw? With a toddler, often sleeping as I passed through Canal Park, this was prohibitive. I’m delighted that they’ve modified their stance and are willing to take orders over the phone! Love the food!

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I did a mail order of some smoked fish and meat for delivery to Tofte. It arrived on time and was as good as is in the store. The pork loin is really good, the Cajun salmon is unreal. Thanks for your help Northern Waters.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We stop here every time we visit & get smoked salmon to go. I also get a Cajun Finn sandwich for the next day’s lunch. Delicious!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

You can get a sandwich anywhere . . . you can get a good sandwich at many places, but you can get many fabulous sandwiches at Northern Waters! They really focus on using great ingredients, but the magic comes in great combinations using just the right proportions. We were in Duluth for a week and ended up trying a good number of the sandwiches . . . all large enough to share so we usually split them so we could always have some of each. Some of our favorites were the Bahn Faux Mi, Italiansk, and the Cold Turkey. All very different, very satisfying and a joy to eat! If you like good a Bahn Mi, then you will love this one with a twist. We also had sandwiches delivered and they were well packaged and quick! Even though it was not too important to us, but to be fair . . . the only disappointment we had was the Potato Salad and the Slaw. While these had great quality ingredients, they just seemed to fall a little flat. We tend to like bright, crispy slaw and potato salad with a bit more punch. Could be we just like a little different style, because the quality was great. In any case, they are sides and you don't really need them. Go for the SANDWICHES! We will go there every time we go to Duluth.

1  Thank 9NotHappy
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Awesome little place. Came here because of Diners and Dives, and was not disappointed. I had the cajun finn and it was one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time. The cajun smoked salmon was amazingly fresh. Highly recommend it. My girlfriend had the vegetarian thai sandwich, and that was also very good.
This place is tiny, you can seat around 10 people inside. They do have outdoor seating, so if the weather is good you can have a beer and eat outside. But most people seemed to be ordering their food to go.
Their will be a long line, so try and go at an off time if you're crunched for time. It's also a deli so yo can buy smoked meat by the pound. Enjoy!