1,528 results
All reviews rooftop pool lake superior family suite every evening bridge view make your own waffles within walking distance first floor other hotels great place to stay canal park area wonderful hotel restaurants and shops the breakfast area fire pit free breakfast
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Booked this based on location and price - got what I paid for, meaning everything was fine - not great - I'd give it a "B" all around. Main drawback was the common interior areas - they were functional but very very dated and old school. Outside seating by the lake were fine but , again, could use updating.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kelsey B, Assistant Director of Guest Services at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear leonard f,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We sincerely appreciate your business and are glad you found value in your stay. Also, we personally change our main lobby decor seasonally and hope to update our permanent fixtures soon. Please visit us again the next time you're in Duluth!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I have stayed at this hotel many times and this is the 1st time that I have been disappointed and they really fell down compared to times in the past. I arrived a little before 3 pm-check in is at 3. No room available-I understand 3 pm check in so I waited. I went back at 3:30 and asked if my room was available yet. I was told if I was willing to take a 1st floor room I could have one immediately but would have to wait for rooms on the other 2 floors. I had a function to attend at 5 pm and since they could not give me a time on when a room would be ready I took the 1st floor room. The facility is in need of updating. The rooms are starting to look worn and in need of updating. Housekeeping was spotty at best. Our first day they did not clean the room until after 5:30 pm. The 2nd day they never cleaned it at all. I do not need to have my room done constantly but if you are going to offer housekeeping service you should have it constantly not sometimes.
The breakfast was very poorly done. No white bread-only multi grain, plain & blueberry bagels and english muffins. For those that have issues not much of a selection. Also, donuts and blueberry muffins for pastries. While I don't expect a 3 course meal I do expect more of selection than what was offered on this trip. The hot items consisted of scrambled eggs-every day I was there and a meat. that was it. Then there was the waffle station with 5 waffle makers and a dispenser for the waffle batter. I am not a waffle eater so this is not an option for me.
Overall, this was a very disappointing visit and I am hoping that they step up their game to improve the facility and services. My meeting was held at the Inn due to their conference space and that was even more disappointing. The coffee, water and sodas were never replenished during the day. There were no pastries or breads brought out for morning break. Popcorn and pretzels were served for afternoon break.
Again, no replenishing of refreshments which is really needed sometimes to keep you going.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Valeri W

Dear Valeri W,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We sincerely apologize that your time with us was so disappointing. It's our goal in every department to exceed our guests' expectations, and we deeply regret any situation that does not meet their needs. We are always willing to accept feedback and will use your review to make changes where applicable. When it comes to conferences, however, the amount of food and beverages offered is subject to the conference leader's request. The quantity is determined ahead of time and documented by contract. It would be unethical for us to keep putting out refreshments and charging the group without the leader's permission. I apologize if this policy made it look like we were not attentive to your group. Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope to see you back for the conference in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

When we arrived at the hotel at 3pm check in time our room was not ready. They didn't know when it would be ready. When we finally got to our room it was dusty and hardly looked clean. The pillow cases had stains. The bed and pillows were lumpy and not comfortable. Kinda ruined our wedding weekend. Was planning on coming back for our anniversary but will not be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kelsey B, Assistant Director of Guest Services at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear jkr0ne,

Thank you for choosing the Inn on Lake Superior for such a special occasion. On behalf of everyone at the Inn, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. It is unacceptable to have waited for your room only to find out it was dirty and uncomfortable. We take your feedback seriously and will use it as further training for our staff. Please contact me at kbeck@innonlakesuperior.com to give us an opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Great comfy beds and Great Lake view
Nice variety for buffet breakfast and our door fire pits to roast marshmallows in the evening to make snores. Right on the lake walk and close to several restaurants
Friendly service and discounted tickets to mansion tour

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Deborah C,

Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad we could provide such a convenient and relaxing stay for you. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel never disappoints as far as view and amenities, but this is the second time that the staff has been displeasing. They are completely unamused with guest conversation and the needs of there guests. No one makes eye contact or even smiles. I watched as a man with disabilities waited at the front desk for several minutes completely unnoticed until another guest brought it to the front desk attention. And at that the front desk seemed very inconvenienced. Super disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kelsey B, Assistant Director of Guest Services at The Inn on Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Marnie K,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any conduct that ignored our guests or came across as rude and unwelcoming. That type of behavior completely contradicts our standards as one of Duluth's leaders in hospitality. We have shared your feedback with our entire staff to bring awareness to the situation and to remedy it for future guests. We hope you'll accept our apology and consider staying with us again.