“Lovely Lunch”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Classic Italian dinning and Wine Spectator award winner since 1999 Bellisio’s restaurant conjures up images of highly skilled chefs, fine wines, superb service, and fresh Italian food. And while all this is most certainly true, one must not forget that Bellisio’s is above all an experience. An exceptional dining experience, to be precise, but one that takes place in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of the quaint eateries and wine bars of the Italian countryside. And no wonder. The experience is fashioned after the small village of Bellisio, Italy, home to the owner’s ancestry. Imported direct from Italy are the beauty, comfort, romance, and glorious recipes. Specialty dishes include perfectly prepared pasta dishes using the finest imported and local ingredients; fennel roasted rack of pork; homemade risotto dishes; grilled steaks; shrimp; seafood; and a fresh catch feature every day. All served with a world class wine menu to match. Bellisio’s has received Wine Spectator’s prestigious “Best of Award of Excellence” every year since we opened in 1999. It’s a simple, colorful, elegant, and exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stopped here for lunch. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. My husband had fettuccine alfredo and he loved it. I had a lunch special of Italian sausage risotto, salad and peach melba dessert. All were very good. I tend to like things not so spicy. The sausage had a bit of a kick to it but that is just me. It was still very good. We would come back here again when in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Fine dining isn't exactly what you think of when you think Duluth/Canal park area, but this food was a decent shot at that. The food is really tasty and most times there is a special event this place is packed. The decor is a little cheesy, but the staff is super nice. I recommend coming here if you are local, or a tourist.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Nice place to have a true Italian super at. Great wine selections. A bit pricey, but worth the experience for a romantic dinner or treat for oneself.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We (my wife and I) just ordered cheese plate and wine, sat in bar watching Monday night football, all good, server (Emily was fun and adorable), Only complaint is for an upper end restaurant with an extensive wine list of fine wines, the wine glasses are "Applebee's" quality .. sad and unforgivable - please spend a few bucks and get some decent wine glasses which match your restaurant's stature!

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This restaurant is okay. I visit with a friend once or twice a year. (In fairness, my friend loves the restaurant!).I consistently find the food just okay, the menu overpriced and the service outstanding. This time I had fettucini w/ chicken. The chicken was a bit underdone and had to be sent back to the kitchen. The fettucini was so parmesan-strong it tasted bitter. The portion was adequate. If we visit again I'll try something else. I just don't like leaving a restaurant paying $30 plus gratuity for a chicken and pasta entree with no salad, no appetizer, no drinks. Seems too steep, given the competition.

LeeAnn S, General Manager at Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We do make a traditional Alfredo with our imported Parmigiano-Reggiano and this can be too strong of a flavor for some. We do hope you will visit us again in the future. Our dishes are made in house daily and we would love for you to try some of our favorites like the Chicken Pancetta, Chicken Milanese or Pasta alla Arrabbiata. Thank you again for your review. Cheers!