“Go Monday and Tuesday.”

Ranked #88 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Mondays are $6.99 burger nights. Tuesdays are $9.99 steak nights. The menus change often. Overall, best deal is the 2 for $20.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We were seated promptly. Our server was quick to introduce herself and determine our soft drink orders. She let us review the menu. She answered my wife's questions about the practice of grinding bacon and other things into ground beef. My wife had a classic cheeseburger with bacon. I had BBQ beef brisket tacos with coleslaw. My wife enjoyed her cheeseburger. The fries were nicely done between crispy and soft. My tacos were wonderful. The soft tortillas had a chewy leathery consistency that kept their shape. A passing waitress, other than ours, refilled my drink.

I have two questions that I'd like answered by email.

1. Are my tacos 1220 calories, or are my tacos / fries / slaw 1220 calories?

2. How was my military retiree discount computed? My drinks and entrees were $26.66 before tax. My discount of $1.22 would be 4.6 %. Excluding drinks, my order was $21.28. My discount of $1.22 would be 5.7%. I appreciate a military discount, but I'd like to know what to expect.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We scored good service and food with a bonus $10 gift card!!!
Of course you can't beat the half price appetizers

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We've become regular visitors at Applebee's, Duluth. Below are comments from satisfaction surveys completed since our last TripAdvisor review.

We were promptly seated by a pleasant hostess. Our server appeared promptly to take our drink orders. When he returned, my wife asked for a few minutes to look at the menu. She ordered the Triple Hog Dare Ya sandwich. I had the Tuesday steak special with mashed potatoes, green beans, and salad with honey mustard dressing. We saw some team work. Three waitresses brought food out to one large corner booth. A waitress other than our waiter brought us our meals. I enjoyed the green beans more than last time because there were no mushrooms. We did not see our waiter after ordering - until he appeared to ask if we wanted dessert. At that time, he offered our first beverage refill. While my wife finished her meal, I ordered an apple chimichanga. I had it once before and it was incredible, with apple pie filling covering a cheesecake burrito. Today, there was no covering on the burrito, just a small portion of apple slices under a scoop of ice cream. It was good but not as enjoyable as last time. We've been visiting Applebee's weekly. This is the first time that I was disappointed by the beverage service or a portion presentation.

We were promised a 20 minute wait. The restaurant was full. When a tall table became available, the host asked if we preferred to wait for a low table. We did. Our wait for a low table was about 5-7 minutes more. Our waitress appeared promptly to take our drink order. We accepted her offer to review the menu longer. My wife ordered shrimp & fries. I tried the Chicken Fajita Rollup & fries. A different server brought our meals. We each felt the fries were good, but the portions seemed visibly smaller than earlier portions. My rollup was good. My wife enjoyed her fries. Nichole kept our drinks refilled. I offered my military retiree identification card with my credit card. I was offered a 10% discount that appears to be 5%. My two entrees, two drinks, and one dessert totaled $35.85 before tax. Nothing was a sale or special item. My receipt said "10% discount $1.92." I had expected my discount to be $3.58 if it were 10%. I did not ask Nichole about the discount, because I appreciate getting it, and because I don't feel comfortable sounding like a cheap presumptuous military retiree.

We were seated promptly by a smiling hostess. Our server introduced herself quickly. She took our drink orders and pointed out the new menus had slight changes. Brisket enchiladas are now brisket tacos, etc. I noted calorie counts are now printed. I ordered the Tuesday steak special. My wife ordered fish and chips. My steak was cooked to my liking. I enjoyed the salad with honey mustard. My wife enjoyed her fish but felt they were "watery." The fries were excellent. Ellen was polite and offered drink refills at regular intervals.

Applebee's menu offers online ordering.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We went around 2pm. It was very busy. Had to stand in line than wait another 25 minutes for a booth. After waiting we got seated and the floor had garbage that everyone kept walking past. Waitress went by and said shed be a couple minutes. waited about 10 minutes before she finally came. Food was done in about 10 minutes. It was good. Cant blame the waitress though for the long wait. She was all over trying to help everyone. She was very busy and the place was crowded.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!