All reviewsmini golfbunk bedsdrink tokensthe indoor water parkoutdoor pool and hot tubbreakfast buffetedge waterwear and tearroom suitegreat view of lakenorth shorelake walklifeguardsarcadetikiwaterslidesgrandkids
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the quality of this place, especially with the cost for two nights. Beds were uncomfortable, there was garbage and old food in the bunk beds, and it was very noisy at night (until the waterpark closed). Breakfast was not included and we were given incorrect hours for that, which forced us to go elsewhere. It did seem very outdated too. We did not use the water park.

Our rooms were located close to the water park and arcade, which were noisy until 11:30pm. That was frustrating, as we had two early mornings for our event. I'm not sure how you could regulate that, but it was difficult for us.

I would not recommend this hotel.

The one good thing was that there was an error with payment which was fixed right away. I was very pleased with the front desk staff when we checked out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
AaronEdge, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear KristineS51,

Thank you for your time to review your last stay. I would like to sincerely apologize that you found the quality to be very disappointing. I know it was a very busy weekend for us here. However, occupancy does not excuse us not providing a room that exceeds expectations. We hope we can prove to you that your experience is not a standard.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Room carpet old and stained, bathroom door is falling apart, bathroom needs an update. I am sure if you have kids, staying here for the water park is probably ok, but if I had a choice, I would select another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a typical hotel for comfort and breakfast, but of course there is a water park. The hotel staff is pretty accommodating to the guests, but really it is a bit over priced because the water park was added on. The beds haven't been updated in what seems to be forever, and the life guards seem to want to be anywhere else. I would recommend this place for a weekday stay, but never a weekend. I don't like waking up to screaming kids, or slamming doors from the parents shouting at their kids.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
AaronEdge, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Cami B,

Thanks for the review! I apologize that you did not find our facility to be of equal value to what you paid for your stay. I am surprised to hear you found your beds to be uncomfortable because we did just replace all the beds in our Tiki tower. It is unfortunate that the noise level of other guests affected your stay experience. We try our best to remind other guests to be courteous particularly at night and in the morning before the water park is open.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I have stayed at Edgewater several times in the last 30 years. It was always my families favorite spot to go.
My recent stay was less not pleasant. I was only staying for one evening. I arrived at 1:30 and asked if my room was ready. I was not picky on the type of room, I received as it is just me. I was told the room was not ready to come back at 3:00. I returned back at 3:30 and my room was still not ready. Check in time is 4:00. I returned back at 4:30 and then stood in line for 30 minutes to check in. Once I arrived to my room there was a large black bag of garbage outside, and pizza boxes. Once inside there were kleenex's on the floor, and hair in toilet, and bathtub. I returned to the front desk to ask about the cleanliness and they said they would send some right over. Only part was cleaned. The front desk staff is crabby and not friendly. the middle treadmill is not safe, don't use it. Upon check out I shared my complaints and was offered $25 off my room. The manager never came to talk with me.
Very disappointed in the lack of keeping the hotel up. Hopefully they can find someone who will take pride in the hotel, and make it better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kelly R,

Thank you for your continued loyalty over the years! I am truly sorry that your recent stay made you feel we have gone downhill. I do not excuse you entering your room to find items from a previous guest. I hope these issues do not deter you from future stays with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

First time at the edgewater, but we have lots of friends that come here all the time and I have heard that the place is not clean. Well it lived up to everything I’ve heard this hotel is beat up, dirty, and rough everything you look at is damaged, I will not stay here again plus the front desk is grouchy. For the amount of money you spend it’s disgraceful!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
AaronEdge, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Stephan L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are always striving to exceed expectations especially when the perception echos your statements. We have been updating our facility for over a year and I am saddened to hear we were unable to surpass your expectations. I hope these issues do not deter you from future stays.