We booked a poolside room with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. I requested a higher floor and was pleasantly surprised how quiet the room was given the location. Upon check in we were offered $10 in hotel bucks for declining housekeeping services. The hotel has an odd layout but we did manage to figure out where everything was located.
The kids loved the waterpark, however, we came upon a few cons with our room. I would only ever stay at this hotel again if I were getting a cheap rate. It was not worth a more expensive rate.
*Hotel does not offer complimentary toothpaste for guests who have forgotten theirs.
*As stated above, I was given $10 in hotel bucks which we decided to use for breakfast. When I went to pay we found out the bundle only had $9 in it. I didn't think to count it upon receiving.
*The breakfast is a joke and is not worth the cheap price already offered. It should be included in the room rate. The coffee came out of the machine basically water and tasted disgusting. Every item in the hot section was cool/cold. Nothing tasted good. Even my kids didn't like the breakfast and complained it was cold! Staff in the breakfast area were not very friendly. We enjoyed breakfast elsewhere the next day and would never recommend their breakfast.
*The coffee pot in our room did not work properly(see pictures). Not only did I not get coffee at breakfast but I did not get coffee in my room. I refused to try any other options for coffee and went elsewhere.
Let's talk housekeeping. I work in a hotel, and even if I did not, I can not believe management allows the room to be how ours was.
*The curtains were FILTHY and noticeable right away. (See picture) How is this acceptable? Wash or replace them!
*The garbage can sits next to the tv stand. There was garbage/crud crusted on the side of the tv stand! Eww! Clean it off! Also on the night stand between the 2 beds.
Again, very disappointed with the quality and price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and TravelClick so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn