“Yummy ”

Teresa's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 138 Restaurants in Eagan
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Great lunch with friends. Fantastic margarita. The salsa was phenomenal - tasted homemade. All of our food was delicious and the service was outstanding.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We were a party of 8. We were seated before 6pm. We waited a few minutes for the waitress. She gave us the spiel on happy hour. So we all got Margaritas for the happy hour. Then she came back and told us that happy hour was over that we had to pay regular price. We asked her what the time was and she said it was two minutes after 6. We asked her to go back and ask the manager she said she already did and he says no we had to pay regular price. We were all pretty disappointed! And I ended up ordering just a water. The food was okay. Not the best I've had! We all got our checks and those of us that used cash never got any change back we got bills back but no change. We're all pretty surprised that they helped themselves to our change. Plus they took the original bill so that we couldn't see exactly what the change should have been. So beware. I will not be returning.

1  Thank THEPRINCESS
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I want to first start by saying I have eaten at Teresa's when it has not been busy and the food and service has been very good.

Tonight, I can only say that about the quality of the food and drinks...

Today is Cinco de Mayo, probably the biggest day of the year for a Mexican restaurant, maybe slightly ahead of New Year's. As I live close to Fiesta Cancun and Teresa's the decision was down to these two and I chose Teresa's, I definitely made the wrong decision.

The wait was about an hour (was quoted 1.5 hrs) which I totally understand on Cinco de Mayo and being a Friday and I was fine with that. Once we were seated it took a full 15 min to even see a waiter. Due to how long it took to even see our waiter I decided to time how long certain events took throughout the meal.

Once my margarita order was put in it took 25 min to actually get my margarita. I ordered a top shelf medium cucumber mint margarita. I received a small, bottom shelf jalapeño margarita so that had to be sent back which took another 10 min to receive.

Food took over 1 hour to receive (I should mention the table across from us took over 15 min to clean up, and the person sitting there who came 20 min after us got his food before ours and was done eating before we got our bill. Not sure how that happened).

It took another hour to get our bill. The bathrooms were disgusting, garbage overflowing and paper towels thrown on the floor in a huge pile in the men's and women's bathroom. I was just in Mexico 3 weeks ago and had cleaner bathrooms I had to pay 50 pesos for. Unbelievable...

Our waiter looked overworked and was rushing throughout the entire night. He was definitely not lazy and it was not his fault the kitchen and bar were so far behind. It looked like he had way too many tables to tend to.

All in all, this place should put their best foot forward on a night like Cinco de Mayo. Instead they have lost what would be loyal customers. I will never come here again during high peak times as this restaurant can not handle large volumes of customers. And quite frankly I will probably not come here during low peak times either. They got 2 stars because the food and margarita (when I got the correct one) were very good.

1  Thank Joseph P
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Went to Teresa's upon request of daughter to get a gift certificate! Ended up having supper here. Happy hour so a beer & margarita were $10! Supper was out of this world. Food was very fresh & wonderful taste. Ordered the quesadilla fajita! Enjoyed this immensely! Chips & salsa were great also! Wait staff were very attentive. Will frequent this restaurant whenever in area!! Large restaurant with. Comfortable seating!!

1  Thank Marsha K
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Always dependable and a favorite . You have your Mexican food staples and you can't go wrong with anything here .

Been to Teresa's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!