“Who wrote those other reviews?”
Review of House of Kai

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
House of Kai
Ranked #97 of 134 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 21 October 2017

MUST READ THIS! Beware false good reviews!
The fortune cookie was not stale and the pancake was fresh and fluffy, but that is all I can say that was anything near edible.
The "noo" shoe pork was awful with old dry stale rubbery pork and poorly cooked rough undercooked cabbage. The flavor was like fish sauce without the saltiness. It needed sweet, salt, ono and possibly some other veg like spring onion.
The Mongolian beef had a decent spice and the meat was edible, but the dish was mostly large chunks of onion and cabbage. When I first bit the cabbage it was like biting the outer layer of an onion. Papery and dry and inedible. Unfortunately both the onion and cabbage was like that and it did not get better. Same fishy stale awful taste came through this dish.
The spring roll had a gooey doughy inside and was not eater
The hot and sour soup was the most disgusting combination of only vinegar and cornstarch with the cheapest canned bamboo shoestring that are rough like hemp rope. I feel like I want to vomit just thinking about what I just ate.
I have to say this was the worst Chinese I have ever had! I have no idea what dish they might do well that everyone gave good ratings. Possibly some fried sweet stuff. It was cheaply priced, but I would have gladly paid much more for something edible with nice vegetables like boo choy
Hey owners, go to a chines market and buy something other than the cheapest possible thing on the shelf. There is a lot of awesome flavor in your culture, but what you have done is a describe to my favorite dishes. I would not eat that food if you paid me.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

So when we moved to EP back in '98, there weren't a lot of restaurant choices. Old Country Boofay was big, Great Mandarin was too. House of Kai was small, but we lived close by and ate there quite a bit. Then we moved soooooo far away to the opposite end of EP, and now in 2016 choices have expanded a bit. We've tried the other Chinese restaurants and lately they've all managed to disappoint. So we said recently "is House of Kai still there at PDQ?" Well, PDQ isn't, but HoK still is. And they're still serving decent Chinese food. Fresh, hot, quick. A lot of the other local places started out with that combination but lately they've forgotten about "fresh". HoK apparently hasn't. And fried rice. House Special. Do that. Order that. You'll LIKE it. All served in the authentic bottomless pit white folding magic Chinese food boxes. No fake plastic containers here.. :)

Generic mall location, typical eat in "ambiance", but hey, you're ordering takeout anyhow, right? Just make sure to bump up the heat level. They start out with "Minnesota Hot" which is to say - no spice. Level 3 is still pretty mild. I'll see how their level 5 turns out next time. :) And they'll throw in anything you want into your order. Awesome. Oh, and be in the car when you order. 10 minutes? No problem. Perfect, see you then.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

A super nice family restaurant! My coworkers and I work near by and just have to come here at least once a month for take outs.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

House of Kai has been a neighborhood staple for quite some time. Some seating on premises, but mostly folks do take out. Food is good - quality good, lots of options. Price average. Nice for a change of pace.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I like this restaurant for take out and have been a customer for years. It seems that the majority of their business is take out. They make everything fresh and to-order. I've had a variety of the entrée choices and have never had anything I didn't like. Prices are very good.