All reviews new building custard shop donuts pet friendly room body soap morning pastries fresh pastries sized room fridge and microwave great place to stay play cards the beds were super comfortable definitely stay here again small town home base enjoyed my stay boundary waters
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I decided to splurge a little when I brought my teenagers to Ely and got a two-bedroom suite. It was definitely worth the money. One of my kids immediately described the suite as a "thicky." I'm assuming that's good. Great location, beds were super comfy, clean, and it had a full kitchen. My only beef was that the wifi was spotty in the room, but you're not supposed to be on screens when you're in Ely anyhow.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Sueedgington, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I got a chuckle over the "Thicky"... new phrases all the time. Our kitchen suites are great for families. Nice to have room separation and also a kitchen. Can be a money saver when you have a family to feed.
WiFi can be spotty in this town...lol..but you are correct, coming to Ely is about exploring the wilderness.

Peace,

Sue

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Greeted by friendly staff when we arrived and again at breakfast and checkout. For breakfast the hotel provides a small assortment of very tasty baked goods from a local bakery with hard boiled eggs and beverages. There's a small outdoor sitting area outside were you get food or you can bring it back to your room. Those looking for a budget friendly stay in Ely should give this place a try.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

It was delightful to be greeted by super friendly, helpful and efficient staff. The room was close to the reception desk so super easy to find (and grab coffee and pastry in the morning). The room itself was not especially impressive but the in-room jacuzzi was spectacular. We loved it and the beds were super comfortable as well. We slept dreamingly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Sueedgington, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our rooms are simple but the artwork is from local artists and the wooden tables are made from reclaimed old growth white pine which is art in itself. I am glad you enjoyed the jacuzzi.

Sue

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed here for our family canoe trip. The room was good sized, bathroom was a bit small, but clean.Parking was limited. We had to park on the street. The reason I am rating this a 3 is for the poor customer service. The front desk clerk had a nasty attitude, which we did not appreciate. We interrupted her smoke break and she wasn't very pleasant about it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Sueedgington, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

I am so sorry this happened to you. I spoke to the woman in charge and I wish you would have spoken to me directly. I was unaware that she takes smoking breaks during her shift. And I do not tolerate rudeness. She mentioned to me that you were frustrated with the parking. We do have adequate parking, one stall per room. sometimes people bring boat trailers, or 2 cars to a single room and then we have parking on the avenue next to the Adventure Inn. Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We stayed here in July 2018 after a week in the BWCA. We had the big room with four queens for 6 of us, and I've not slept more comfortably in any other bed at any hotel. The sheets and pillows are not usual industry sheets, soft and comfortable like you'd put in your own home. The managing owners work the hotel, very friendly people, I enjoyed meeting them and hearing their stories. They keep the place looking great and display a great pride of ownership.

Plenty of towels, clean, and quiet. Couldn't ask for anything more, we will definitely stay here again. Oh, the breakfast was good too. Not continental, but good coffee (and you won't beat it for the rate).

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family