All reviewsnew buildingcustard shopdonutspet friendly roombody soapmorning pastriesfresh pastriessized roomfridge and microwavegreat place to stayplay cardsthe beds were super comfortabledefinitely stay here againsmall townhome baseenjoyed my stayboundary waters
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Adventure Inn is not a resort, but if you are looking for a 'sweet', clean, relatively inexpensive place to stay in Ely, right on the main road, this may be the place for you. Rooms are of adequate size, clean, simple, but have everything you need. Beds were comfortable. Morning breakfast is simple--coffee and pastries. We ate them outside seated on Adirondack chairs, amongst a beautiful flower garden. Desk staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly. We would stay here again if we are looking for simple and basic, with a family friendly feel. Note--the second floor is accessible by stairs--no elevator.

Room Tip: Second floor of the main building, faces away from the parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Sueedgington, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review. Pretty much summed us up. We keep things simple but what we have is comfortable, clean. Our art is local and most of our beds are handmade. either with recycled old growth white pine, or local new pine. Our office is small so we focus on providing a great local brew of coffee and locally sourced pastries. We have great restaurants close by that provide the big bacon and egg sort of breakfast.
Glad you enjoyed our gardens and flowers.

Peace,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I decided to splurge a little when I brought my teenagers to Ely and got a two-bedroom suite. It was definitely worth the money. One of my kids immediately described the suite as a "thicky." I'm assuming that's good. Great location, beds were super comfy, clean, and it had a full kitchen. My only beef was that the wifi was spotty in the room, but you're not supposed to be on screens when you're in Ely anyhow.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I got a chuckle over the "Thicky"... new phrases all the time. Our kitchen suites are great for families. Nice to have room separation and also a kitchen. Can be a money saver when you have a family to feed.
WiFi can be spotty in this town...lol..but you are correct, coming to Ely is about exploring the wilderness.

Peace,

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Greeted by friendly staff when we arrived and again at breakfast and checkout. For breakfast the hotel provides a small assortment of very tasty baked goods from a local bakery with hard boiled eggs and beverages. There's a small outdoor sitting area outside were you get food or you can bring it back to your room. Those looking for a budget friendly stay in Ely should give this place a try.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

It was delightful to be greeted by super friendly, helpful and efficient staff. The room was close to the reception desk so super easy to find (and grab coffee and pastry in the morning). The room itself was not especially impressive but the in-room jacuzzi was spectacular. We loved it and the beds were super comfortable as well. We slept dreamingly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Sueedgington, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our rooms are simple but the artwork is from local artists and the wooden tables are made from reclaimed old growth white pine which is art in itself. I am glad you enjoyed the jacuzzi.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed here for our family canoe trip. The room was good sized, bathroom was a bit small, but clean.Parking was limited. We had to park on the street. The reason I am rating this a 3 is for the poor customer service. The front desk clerk had a nasty attitude, which we did not appreciate. We interrupted her smoke break and she wasn't very pleasant about it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Sueedgington, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

I am so sorry this happened to you. I spoke to the woman in charge and I wish you would have spoken to me directly. I was unaware that she takes smoking breaks during her shift. And I do not tolerate rudeness. She mentioned to me that you were frustrated with the parking. We do have adequate parking, one stall per room. sometimes people bring boat trailers, or 2 cars to a single room and then we have parking on the avenue next to the Adventure Inn. Again, my apologies.