“Beautiful setting. Delicious foid”
Review of Burntside Lodge

Burntside Lodge
Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Ely
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This is our 4th year at the lodge. We love the cabin(s), we've stayed in 3 of the 20 some options. The staff are top notch, the grounds well tended and the restaurant stunning. We had ribs, walleye, steak and pork tenderloin. Perfectly prepared each time. The house made desserts and drinks are wonderful. This is a side car and Burntside Old fashion.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here for my 60th birthday while visiting Ely for the Blueberry Festival. What a wonderful restaurant! Our table had a beautiful view of the lake with nice breezes from the wall of windows. We tried the appetizer tasting, and then I had the special which was a filet with mashed potatoes and my husband had the walleye. Everything was Really, really good... My filet was melt-in-your-mouth! We can't wait to come back to this restaurant on our next visit to Ely. I would recommend this place to anyone... It's wonderful!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Burntside Lodge offers a wonderful experience for dinner. It is a treat you should not miss if you are in the Ely area. The food is excellent, from breads and appetizers to main courses and desserts. The wine and beer lists are extensive, with many interesting choices. The setting is gorgeous -- the main lodge is a quintessential northwoods resort and on the National Historic Register. Burntside Lake is one of the prettiest lakes I have ever seen and sunsets viewed from the dining room are often very beautiful. The lodge has been run by the LaMontagne family for several generations, so service is friendly, well informed and attentive. My wife and I have been coming to the lodge for dinner for many years and multiple times each summer. (The lodge is also a wonderful place to stay.) Very highly reccomended. Reservations are a good idea.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This is our second visit to this restaurant. It's a beautiful old building with windows open to the lake and screens on all the windows. Very charming atmosphere. Make a reservation! Try this place when up north! We ordered the chefs choice single plates...awesome! And the bread basket held a lovely selection of bread made on site. The entrees were good, but it felt like the chef was trying too hard to make different food rather than good food. The polenta was awesome, but had a bit of off putting flavor that we couldn't decide what it was. The walleye was awesome, but the veggie with it was over cooked a bit. I didn't like it, but my fellow eaters did. The hamburger got way over the top reviews by my fellow eater but was ordered medium rare and was served medium. She still ate all of it. The service was impeccable and the bread was offered to refill. We did have dessert and it was really good. Although the combo of pistachio ice cream and cherry dessert was odd. We were happy to pay the bill with a great tip! It was a truly memorable meal. We will return.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is not the standard Minnesota meat and potatoes venue as it is striving to be a fine dining establishment. The view of the lake and the historic lodge ambiance are delightful. We had very good service but perhaps because we dined on a Monday evening. The food was good but not spectacular particularly given the prices. The evening special was a sea bass- like fish with an aioli sauce, kalamata olives and fingerling potatoes. We shared an appetizer of roasted tomatoes and avocado on ciabatta- it was tasty but a huge portion for an appetizer. The dessert was pecan pie with quite a few of the pecans burned. Loved the setting and would probably give it another try if in the area.

Been to Burntside Lodge? Share your experiences!