“Grilled Cheese Sandwich for breakfast hit the spot”

Gator's Grilled Cheese Emporium
Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Ely
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Description: Gator's serves sandwiches and menu items based around cheese. In the evenings we offer tabletop gaming.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We were so happy to see that Gator's opened at 8 am. In fact, we arrived 15 min before then, and were welcomed. The home fries are the best I've ever had. I won't share the chef's secret, but I will try to duplicate it at home. I could eat breakfast here every day.

Michelle R, Owner at Gator's Grilled Cheese Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

I know the chef's secret too. :)

Thanks for coming in!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

A nice, quaint little restaurant. The service was great, and the food was amazing!!! The Mac and cheese was creamy and delicious. We will definitely be back!!

Thanks for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and stopped at Gator's for lunch. I ordered a pulled ham and cheese sandwich and it was simply the best ham and cheese I have ever had. My wife had the Mac and cheese and she enjoyed her lunch. This is a simple restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. The food and service were excellent. O, did I mention the carrot cake? Save room for dessert.

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I know I'm just the tiniest bit biased, but I agree on saving room for dessert. Along with the carrot cake, I recommend the peanut butter pie. :)

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Not only is the food AMAZING...they also have several dog friendly tables outside on the patio which was great for our family when we visited Ely this summer. Have dined here three times and each experience was great!

Gator's is named after a rescue dog, and we know pets are family!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here with the kiddos for lunch. The pulled ham sandwich was good. White chicken chili was average. Kids menu was an afterthought. I ordered the lobster mac, as it was advertised. When it arrived I saw what I assumed was a beautiful chunk of lobster meat smothered in creamy goodness. Imagine my dismay when I discovered it was really pollock/imitation crab. The humanity!

Hi, Charlie. I'm sorry we disappointed you. The funny part is that the kids menu was finalized before the rest of the menu, including the frisbee as a plate for kids to take home and the menu which they can color. We plan on adding another option next spring/summer. We're told by a lot of people that their kids insist on eating here, but I know that doesn't change your experience. If you have a suggestion for the kids menu, please feel free to contact me.

The lobster mac contains lobster as well as imitation crab. When you get this far from the ocean pure lobster in the abundance needed would be cost prohibitive, but if anything on our menu dissatisfies, we are happy to substitute something else.

Been to Gator's Grilled Cheese Emporium? Share your experiences!