“Will be back!”

Lago Tacos
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Excelsior
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The mango margarita pictured was amazing! I also got the Carnitas burrito which was really good! The food tasted very authentic. My friends really enjoyed their meals too. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here multiple times for tacos and fresh margaritas. Never disappointed, but brunch put this place over the top. The huevos rancheros was a deconstructed delicious dish. Paired with a Paloma, instead of a traditional breakfast beverages... I’ll be back. Save me a table!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Lago Tacos has excellent tacos. I've had many of them, and my favorites are probably the sesame chicken, ahi tuna, and shrimp. Others who I often eat with really like the carnitas and steak.

The place is a little small, and you can really only wait outside. Because the food is good, a wait is normal. Brunch is good on weekends.

The only thing preventing me from giving this place 5 stars is that they often (I've had it happen multiple times) stop doing takeout. If their kitchen is backed up, they just don't take takeout orders. I guess you might like that if you were at a table waiting for your food, but it seems silly for a restaurant to refuse business. Why not instead increase your kitchen productivity, get more staff during peak times, etc? It is the only place i can think of where I say "I'd like to order takeout" and they often say "No, you can't".

I eat here a few times a year. I would get takeout from here quite often, but often I just figure they won't be accepting takeout orders so instead go with something else.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I have been to Lago Tacos several times now and will say first that the food is consistently delicious. I love the shrimp tacos. If you go anywhere near dinner time on weekends prepare for a wait, as this one has a small footprint and seating is limited.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for tacos after visiting the local Farmer’s Market. The tacos were very good, I had the walleye tacos and my husband had the sesame chicken and of the two we both preferred the sesame chicken, they were phenomenal. The walleye were good but the sesame chicken were just way more flavorful. The sweet corn cake was delicious and he margaritas were good but not great. We will go back, there are so many other tacos to try. Our server was Katie S. and she was very attentive.