“Fast service, good food, loud”
Review of Coalition

Coalition
Reserve with OpenTable
Coalition is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Excelsior
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I took my daughter and her fiancé here the Saturday before Christmas. We got the last table available. Our server was crazy busy but never skipped a beat in service. It was really good. Buffalo burger, Salmon, salad and a steak/ egg breakfast. The place was busy and it was loud! I'm glad we tried it because we will be back. The food and service were worth it.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Great ambiance and food. Friendly service. Not cheap but no complaints. Had the eggs Benedict. The Hollandaise sauce was exquisite.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Coalition is a happening spot. Quite noisy, but the food was very good. I liked it better than Bellecour in Wayzata because the menu was a little broader. Two different restaurant, so keep that in mind. The service was good, always there, but not in your face.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We tried this restaurant on Saturday. The Ambiance and charm of the building and the interior are very inviting, that is unless you plan on speaking to anyone. The volume was somewhere between a football game and a concert and this was with capacity just over 1/2 full. The menu appeared to have some specialty items some where just average though plated well, and others seemed to be high end Costco prepared food. The cocktail list was unique and somewhat old school and it lived up to the billing. The wait staff was courteous and prompt.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I met a pal there for happy hour-- we just squeaked in before 5pm. Totally up to the restaurant to determine their happy hour hours, obviously, but I can't recall ever encountering one that ended that early! Nice atmosphere, but LOUD when full; great service from a really fun server; very little for vegetarians and almost nothing for vegans that I could see, but as a facto-ovo vegetarian, I survived with some very tasty green beans and cauliflower (from the regular menu). Lots of meaty items which people seem to love; I wouldn't choose to go there for an actual meal. The prices are reduced a bit, but still high for happy hour, in my view-- par for the course in Excelsior, unfortunately.