“Super Lunch”
Review of Cheese Cave

Cheese Cave
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Faribault
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I went here after cross country skiing at Riversbend. This place is on par with anywhere I have dined in Europe. The waitress paired my cheese with red wine. It was a fabulous wine, and then she told me it was Minnesota wine. The Cheese Cave is worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

A cheese plate, and a good bottle of Minnesota wine. What more can you ask for? Servers were ready to explain all the varieties of cheeses. So friendly.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Before visiting the city of Faribault I had no idea they were the home of an award winning bleu cheese. However, once I knew I had to stop at the Cheese Cave and try one of their Bleu cheese grilled cheese sandwiches. I am going to sound very Minnesotan when I say it was "interesting". Minnesotans know that indicates it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. It was well... interesting. Though I like bleu cheese dressing on a salad as a grilled cheese sandwich it was too much. They put some other cheese on the grilled cheese as well as the bleu cheese but the bleu cheese ot overpowered the flavor and was really all you could taste. Reading one of the other reviews I have to agree that the service is pretty mediocre. When we were there a man came in looking to buy cheese for Christmas gifts. One of the workers was cutting some tomatoes and said to him "let me know if you need any help". Of course he needed help. He was a man in a cheese shop. No one would even expect him to just be looking around. He said he needed help and she did go help him but woman's whole approach didn't feel overly service oriented. Also, while there another customer ordered some wine. Employees sniffed the bottle trying to decide if it was still good; when they couldn't decide they threw caution to the wind and served it. It was kind of funny but enough to help me make my decision to stick with water.

1  Thank savytraverlor43323
Reviewed 7 December 2017

quaint little spot to have a nice glass of wine and taste some cheese for that special occasion. Some seating in the main commons area if you want a little bigger group for your treat. Don't be in a hurry though, it's a smaller venue with just a couple of employee and it can get a bit busy at times

Reviewed 26 November 2017

My family made a quick detour to Cheese Cave to taste cheese and grab lunch. We arrived at 2pm....ordering to-go sandwiches went fine, however as we waited and hoped to sample a few cheeses for purchase we found ourselves completely ignored. We apparently arrive during town gossip hour, as one employee began drinking wine at the counter, and another stood nearby in deep conversation with another local. This level of complacency to customer service continued for 30 minutes, until the customer line and level of annoyance could be felt finally by employees still drinking wine and chatting.

1  Thank darynlow