“excellent prime rib”

Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed at the last minute in Forest Lake on our way to Northern Minnesota. We stopped in this place and and discovered prime rib was the special. The Price was $16 for a 3/4 lb. prime rib and it was delicious. The young man who was our waiter did a great job. The meal was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Ate here on a Sunday, on our way up to Duluth. I had a delicious prime rib, and had a taste of the beer cheese soup, which was delicious. Not crowded when we were there. Had an appealing-looking selection of beers, but I was the designated driver.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Norman Quacks is a great place to stop for a bite to eat. The staff were friendly and attentive. Our meals were delicious, and we look forward to visiting again to try other menu items.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We were out on the motorcycles and got pretty hungry so we stopped here. Mostly a burger and chop joint, I had a hankering for anything at this point . The burger my date had was excellent, The Blue Suede Shoes burger. Two thick strips of applewood smoked bacon cheddar cheese and dripping with house made blue cheese dressing ! I had the Salmonitas, 3 corn tortillas filled with grilled salmon, shredded cabbage, cheese and pico de gallo YUM! The Onion rings were the absolute BOMB DOT COM! The only reason I gave this 3 stars instead of more was due to the service and lack of a better bar selection. The older server was training a new server that didn't even look old enough to even look at a beer. As a former service trainer I kept cringing that this server trainer had very little knowledge of beverage and epically failed to anticipate our needs like offering refills etc, the poor girl she was training isn't going to be set up for success in that woman's hands. If the service was better and the bar selection outside of beer was better I'd have given it another star. I'll be back again to try a gourmet burger, because burgers are my fave food group! ❤️

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We just stumbled on this restaurant by accident, looking for some place to eat.
What a find!
Its right off the Freeway interstate 35 to the Twin Cities.
They have all homemade foods . Steak, Chicken,burger to home deserts all in full view show cases.
Also the cooks and preparers are in full view behind glass windows.
You can watch if you want.
Its very clean and interestingly decorated.
The prices are reasonable and the food is deliciuos and unique.
I've stopped twice so far coming back from the Cities and haven't been disappointed and will make it a my 1st choice again when traveling the interstate.