Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
Free cancellation until 08/08/21
Lol.travel
US$101
HolidayInn.comUS$132
PricelineUS$132
Hotels.comUS$132
All reviews pool area poolside room lobby chlorine soundproofing convenience microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2019

I am currently staying at this hotel and have had nothing but problems so far. In the room above me there is apparently a family of gymnasts that like to practice. All kinds of running and jumping and slamming stuff around. I called the front desk and they said they would call up there and tell them to keep it down. It didn't, I had to call again 20 minutes later for the same thing. It stopped for a few hours and then started up again. The people in the room next to me were shouting at the football game on their tv for 30 minutes. They stopped that after I called the desk but cranked up the TV. Dealing with this I was hung up on by hotel staff 4 times and given attitude about my complaints. I realize it's a hotel but there is a certain expectation of quiet. It seem at this hotel everyone slams their door. I've had things like this happen at hotels and with almost all of those I was offered a different room. Not here. Thin walls, rude staff, even though the first page in their folder says that their number one concern is your comfort. Even that has Grammer errors and was obviously only glanced at before the GM and assisstant GM signed it. Full price for half a hotel.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2019

Good day! Journey64091367327,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Paul Ne - Lake Elmo.

I read your concern about the noise from the other guests during your stay. We believe the joy of travel is for everyone, but I guess you felt otherwise. I called the hotel management's attention, and I sent you a private message to discuss this further.

I hope to get another chance to host your next visit and make the value of your experience worth it for all the right reasons.

Jeraldine R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 17 October 2019

I really liked this Holiday Inn. Check in was very quick and smooth. Was just a one night stay. Staff were very freindly. Room was quit and bed comfortable. Would easily recommend and would definately stay here again. Thank you Holiday Inn.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2019

Paul, I believe, is the Asst. Mgr. at this particular Holiday Inn in Lake Elmo, Minnesota and his approach to customer service is what a couple of the staff should try to emulate. HE GETS IT. Whether he agrees with you or not, he listens and tries to accommodate your needs because he sees the value in his position and what it means to the person who is paying the bill. Paul, thank you. Now, the hotel, itself. We loved it! Not your typical looking chain hotel - this had character and charm - cozy and rustic. It also had a terrific restaurant attached to it, "The Machine Shed". The portions were huge!!! The location was great - only about 20 min from downtown Minneapolis but super close to the interstate but far enough away to not have crazy traffic around you. We would stay here again, definitely.

Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights while in town for work. I liked the cozy cabin style and decor, the lobby, and the front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant had great food and great staff. My room was very large and had a large clean bathroom with some toiletries provided and plenty of towels and a hairdryer. There was a mini fridge and a Kuerig for coffee. My bed was too firm, but the pillows were very nice. The tv was stuck on some weird setting that highlighted people in neon (?). Strange. My room was on the first floor opening to the pool, and unfortunately people were loudly swimming both very early and late at night. I would not recommend this room if you are a light sleeper. The room could use better decor and art, but it was adequate for my needs. All in all, I really liked some things and would return. I would give it a 3 1/2 star if I could.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2019

Dear cdnusbaum,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us at our Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo.

We appreciate your very positive comments regarding the service of our staff, the great food at our restaurant and our large as well as clean rooms. I will gladly share your laudatory review with our personnel. I have also taken note of your review about our television and the noise from the pool. Please be assured that I will recommend it to our management for betterment. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We would be pleased to welcome you back soon and we would be happy to assist you for any further concerns and requests.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 June 2019

I have been on the road for almost 3 weeks and stayed in 10 different IHG properties (HI and HIE) across 6 states. 8 of the 10 were ragtag, old, aging, pathetic properties that should be a total embarrassment for the IHG management. But of course they do not care. Hence, this hotel came as a pleasant surprise. I stayed twice over a week. As a Platinum member, the first time I was upgraded (without requesting) to the Board Suite (Room 101) which was huge! I did not know that HI properties even have a suite like this. The next time, I arrived at 2PM and was told I was too early for checkin and did not have ANY room available for checkin! This was really strange. The reason given was housekeeping was still cleaning the rooms. Excuse me!!! You mean to say that no one had checked out by 2PM and that housekeeping had not prepared a single room for checkin??? Just did not seem plausible unless housekeeping is so inefficient which is of course the case with most HI and HIE properties. Somehow, Room 157 appeared as available in the system but it turned out to be by the pool and therefore dark and noisy.

However, the location is good depending on where you need to be. IN spite of the second checkin fiasco, this is definitely one of the better IHG properties.

Room tip: Avoid pool side rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo