All reviewsbike trailcontinental breakfastroot riveramish tourforest suitelocal bakeryamish roomold millprivate entranceget awayunique roomsstaff was very friendly and helpfulthemed roomspastry shopthe breakfast areaother guestsgreat place to stay
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We just returned home from a wonderful stay at Stone Mill Hotel & Suites! We went with another couple that had stayed here the year before and raved about it. We are avid bicyclists and wanted to stay at a central location where we could hop on the Root River Trail system and go different directions each day. Lanesboro is the perfect location to do this and Stone Mill is the best place to stay hands down!! They have a selection of accommodations to suit anyone's tastes. We chose to stay in the Farmhouse Loft Jacuzzi Suite and couldn't have been happier! It's a beautiful and comfortable room, so much so, that we rebooked it for the same time next year. The breakfasts, which are part of the package, are a huge bonus! Fresh baked pastries from a local bakery are served along with yogurts, fresh fruit, various cereal, coffee and juice. We loved sitting out front on the covered porch in the comfortable wooden rocking chairs - a perfect opportunity to visit and meet new people. For those of you that bring bicycles, there is a locked storage barn behind the suites to store bikes. Everything about this place is exceptional - I honestly can't think of one thing I'd change.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pullint
Stone Mill S, Owner at Stone Mill Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

We are so pleased that you had a great experience. Lanesboro has so many things to offer for our guests. Cheryl

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Wyatt was great.... Very clean & friendly..They left a lot of original..We had the egg suite..down in basement..no windows if that bothers u,we had no problem with it,use to be where they stored ice..it was really cool(both meanings..lol)Bed comfortable..refg..micro..jacuzzi..Nice breakfast,small not healthy options,but ok..The only neg. I would say & its a small one..is no toilet seat on toilet..Not that that normally matters,but I didn't have anywhere to put my clothes when I was taking a shower..No shelves..So thats where I would have put them..But I managed...The Root River State Trail runs right threw the town..We rode both ways ..(not the whole thing)Really nice trail..slight incline ,the part we were on..Town is small,but cute...If I was in area would def go back...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the bicycle room and were very impressed with the room and our experience in general. Staff was friendly and very helpful; the room was very clean and comfortable. My only issue was that there was quite a bit of noise coming from the hallway and on the floor below. That being said, we would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My husband has been talking about doing a trip here for over a year. I called on Wednesday thinking it would be a lost cause finding lodging last minute . So fortunate they JUST had a cancelation. Great location. Unique rooms. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast including exceptional local pastries, locked storage for several bikes. Near trail heads. Lanesboro is definitely the town to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darla T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Second time here on a Mother's Day getaway with my son. He enjoyed it so much last time that he wanted to come back again.
Toured nearby caves, biked the trails and explored the town. Breakfast is wonderful at the hotel, and staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family