Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Have stayed a few times at the holiday park but this was the first time staying in the motel unit. The unit had a very musty smell when we first opened the door. Good sized lounge with 1 double and 2 single beds - very comfy. Lots of spiders and webs in the lounge. Large bathroom but unfortunately the cleanliness was lacking - 2 pubic hairs in the shower, dirty marks on wall by sink and fly dabs on walls.
Kitchen was adequate, would be nice if the description on website said what was available as there was only a microwave and an electric frying pan. No hot plate or pots but we made do and it wasn’t really a problem.
Nice solid wooden bench seats in front of all the motel rooms which were great and a bbq table at the back too.
Bill the owner very friendly and helpful. We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephy5555
Reviewed 18 January 2021

What I liked

Bill, the owner, was very nice. Smiling and welcoming. Offered a complimentary bottle of spring water. Sent an immediate apology by email in regards to cleanness of the room.
Bill has a small shop there where you can buy some groceries. Essential in a such isolated area.

What I didn’t like

I stayed at the motel room. It had a smell of like having been closed for a while. In any case, smelly.
Not very clean. Shower need a good scrub and pillow cover was dirty. I left a written note for the owner to let him know.
The place looks a bit rundown. Tractors around. People living there permanently.
To reach the beach you need to walk about 5-10 min through pasting fields.
I have added some photos of the cabins too.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2021

The motel units are nice and have a bathroom and a small kitchenette. Behind the motel units there is a nice outside place to have dinner.Quite a Nice Campground also. A good overnight stay in Te Araroa.

1  Thank Xerokace
Reviewed 29 December 2020

Was just wondering way so much bad reviews not even that bad
Staying here 3 nights in our mobile home there internet hot water
The place is like Staying on a Marie vacation
Love this place will come back again
To the people who love the real new Zealand this is the place for you

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank To-dunedin-19home
Reviewed 19 November 2020

This was to be the first nights motel accommodation of a two week holiday. As we were required to take our toy poodle with us (a recent rescue dog) I had arranged with the motels we would be staying at to have their permission to bring our dog. We advised them we would be bringing a lockable dog travel box that he would be sleeping in. Bill, the manager of this property initially said they do not allow dogs but phoned me back within minutes to say we could bring him but he is not allowed on the bed. When we arrived he totally denied saying this and very rudely was going to refund our money and told us to find somewhere else. ** At TeAraroa there is no where else!!** The motel unit was reasonable although numerous lights didn't work and there were cobwebs on the ceiling that needed clearing out. I would not recommend this place due to my wife and my experience with this untrustworthy manager.

Date of stay: November 2020