“Just OK”
Review of Lou's Lodge

Lou's Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Lou's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

As many have already noted, this place is basic. Hunters place to stay. Clean place to sleep and shower. Air Conditioning was very loud and hard to sleep at night. I think it is just fine for a few nights and pretty cost effective

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 March 2017

Thank you for your review, while OK is not what we shoot for your review is.

We are a basic old school motel. and Hunting and fishing is our thing.

We offer free use of a cleaning area for our guests, so come fish or hunt, Bring it back here, and clean your hunting or fishing rewards.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Staff was friendly and helpful, room and linens were clean. The AC didn't cool down enough for me but it wasn't bad enough to receive a bad review for it. Wi-Fi is available but I didn't use it much as this was not a business trip. The couple of times I did use it, it did run slow but I'm a city girl so I don't believe it's fair for me to give it a thumbs down. It is a small town motel, therefore it is what it is but we enjoyed our stay overall.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda G
Management response:Responded 22 March 2017

The Wifi is a huge requirement to us here at Lous's I am sorry that it was slow, we have been working with our provider and some changes have been made, and more to come soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lou’s Lodge was a great place to stay while visiting family in the Madison, MN area. All other hotel options were about 20miles away, and Lou’s accommodations were simple but both clean and comfortable. I had a great experience with their staff both when calling to book a room and while checking in. And the price was great.

I’d recommend Lou’s Lodge to family/friends traveling out this way!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank M C
Reviewed 2 May 2014

All I was looking for was a quiet place to lay my head and a hot shower. Dropped in here, seeing there was just one car in the entire parking lot, asked for a quiet place to sleep and a hot shower. Gave me the room right next to only other guests. No biggie. I'm tired. My bed is opposite theirs, etc. I STARTED to get woken up at midnight with a couple having sex, banging the headboard against the wall behind my head moaning. For 3.5 hours. I banged back. Yelled. Pleaded and even applauded them for going so long.

Never again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jeff H
Management response:Responded 22 March 2017

I am so very sorry this happened, please in the future please feel free to stop at the front desk or call we would and will be happy to move you to another room.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We visited the property while on the Salt Lake birdwatching weekend. The hotle is clean, Ron the Owner is very friendly. Complimentary coffee and ice. Nothing fancy about the place, just a decent place to stay while in the area. Seemed safe and the room was quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank itraveleverywhere

Been to Lou's Lodge? Share your experiences!