“Great burgers! N prices!”

Malone's Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established Nov. 2010 in Maple Grove, MN
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

After work, my friends n I stopped by to check It out. The server came by right away, suggesting the burgers. We were glad because for sure, the burgers are excellent! Highly recommended. We are going back!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

OK, OK, I’ll admit it, I’d turned my nose up on this place because it was "just" a sports bar/pub/tavern. Forgive my doctor-prescribed low-carb diet for this snobbery. So I didn’t try it until friends of friends picked it as a place to meet after a movie. There were 5 of us.

First, you get here at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon, and it’s mobbed. With no big games on the numerous TV monitors except for a college football game, why is it so crowded? Likely there are some interested in the post-season East-West game, but on a cloudy, 35-ish day, I think it was the place to just get together with friends. And not just on this one day, judging from the usually-full parking lot.

We had to wait a bit until a big enough booth was ready but once seated, we ordered beers and wine and other drinks (they serve Pepsi products here). And shared a huge pile of onion rings, done nicely without too much coating, nice and light.

We had a variety of salads and sandwiches that we each really enjoyed. I had the black bean burger on a crunchy square roll, with waffle fries, this style fries are a key part of most dishes here. At first I thought I would have only a sampling of these as too often, waffle fries tend to be overdone in heavy oil, with little potato still left in them. Not here: in many cases I could see the potato peel still on them. So I kept eating them. Nice job, Malone’s!

The buzz in the room was upbeat and all about friends and family getting together over hearty food.

We didn’t do dessert so I can’t tell you about those.

They let you pack your own leftovers by giving you the container, which I prefer. My bean burger was so big I had to save half, along with half the waffle fries.

I didn’t use the ladies room so I don’t know what their rest rooms are like.

Service was also upbeat, accurate, friendly. We’ll definitely be back -- but I won’t tell my doctor! ;)

1  Thank KateShrewsbury
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Had lunch with my daughter and grand daughter. Atmosphere is casual buy nice with dark wood, fireplace, tvs. Service was exceptional, great beer selection and wonderful menu. I had the walleye fish and chips- excellent. My daughter had the chicken salad sandwich which she said was also tasty.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Went to dinner here one week day night. A very busy restaurant/bar. Had to wait 45 min. (ugh) but everywhere else was the same. Thought it was because of the holidays, but folks next to us that were local said it's always like this. Good food & good atmosphere but noisy. Our booth was right adjacent to the bar which we didn't particularly care for but we didn't want to wait anymore. Hostess that seated us was rude but we had a pleasant waitress. Food was good but not exceptional.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

when we first moved to Minneapolis we loved trying different places to eat Malones has become one of our favorite love there bloody marys champage coctail and who doesnt love a ice cold beer the potato fries and onion rings are so yummy i have had there fall off the bone ribs and burgers you will never be disappointed