“Dinner with Family”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2018

We met our Son and Daughter in law and her parents for Supper at 3 Squares on Saturday night at 6:15. We arrived a little early and made our way to the bar. This place was packed, but talking to a lady next to us, she mentioned it wasn't very busy, but I'm here to say you couldn't find a spot to sit. We ordered a drink and started talking to her about the menu. She mentioned several items on the menu and we took note of that as she is in there probably 3 to 4 times a week.
We got to our table,and ordered the sweet potato fries and the pierogies and they were incredible, the sauce for the sweet potato fries was soooo good.
Next we all placed our orders, my husband did the Walley with mashed potatos and asparagus and I ordered the Mercury Burger and my daughter in law had the Pesto Pasta along with my son and my sons in laws split the walleye, which was a smart move.
My husband said the walleye was perfect, flavorful and flakey and the accompaniments were very good but alot of food.
My burger, I cut it in half thats how big it was, and it was INCREDIBLE. so juicy and perfectly cooked and flavorful, just an incredible burger. My daughter in law said her pesto was very, very good and she wound up taking a good portion of it home and our son, ever the dessert guy brought home a piece of Cheesecake, which he devoured he later told me.
The atmosphere was quaint and full of life with the customers clearly enjoying themselves.
The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in til we left, top notch. I would make the drive from my home in West Bloomington to this place at least once a month. Way to Go 3 Squares...Great Service, Great Food, Great Location.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been eating breakfast at 3 Squares for years. The menu has unique items along with the classics. Today I ordered a newer menu item, Joe’s Special. A combination of eggs, sausage, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, etc. - bursting with flavor. The coffee was great, as usual. And my favorite best-kept secret...substitute toast for an oatmeal flapjack. Delicious!

1  Thank Kristy G
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I had turkey burger which was just average. Decent and properly cooked, but nothing special.
I loved hashbrowns, which usually I love in US bars and restaurants. Those were crispy outside and cooked lije inside. Who h is great for me.
Additional points for very nice service.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We thought it would be a bit more...unique, but the food was very hometown and plain. Don't get me wrong...we love that type of food, but this was just average. I know many people have rated 3 squares high, so maybe it was an off night or we ordered the wrong things.

Two glasses of wine - good wine selection. Love that the glasses are marked so you know you aren't shorted on a $10 glass of wine.

Tempura Green Beans - more like breaded. Tempura should be a light coating and these we very heavy coated, spiced and greasy. The plum sauce was good.

Beef Stroganoff - fine. not spectacular.

Fish and chips - fine, not spectacular. My fish was over deep fried and more breading than fish.

I really wanted to love their fish and chips since the Irish pub in town has gone so down hill.

Service was good. Bartender and server were prompt. Our bill was split and I was wondering if that was their policy since we are a couple?

Place was clean, but seemed slightly disorganized. I guess I didn't understand the 100 chairs lined up against the windows. Again...maybe they were cleaning carpets in the dining room and had moved the chairs?

We will try the patio this summer for a 2nd chance. Don't want to write off a place that others really like.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Really enjoy the food. Have some very unique menu selections that I enjoy trying. One of our favorite lunch stops.