“Fantastic food and fun ambiance!”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2016

This place is always busy - so get there early because the wait is worth it! We've been here for numerous lunches and dinners. The food is high quality and the service superior! One of the servers told me that they all taste the food prior to serving so that they have a clear understanding of how it tastes and how to best describe it!
Some of our favorite dishes:
Asian Glazed Shrimp $12.95 Jumbo shrimp tossed in our signature spicy Asian glaze.

Margherita flatbread pizza $10.95 Sliced tomatoes, fresh marinara and a blend of cheeses. Topped with balsamic glaze and fresh basil.

The Northern Cheddar & Ale Creamy Cheddar cheese soup simmered with The Northern.
Cup $4.95

Baked French Onion Caramelized onions in a rich beef wine stock. Smothered under melted provolone cheese.
Cup $5.95

Asian Chicken Salad $12.95 Chicken breast, cilantro, cabbage, cucumbers, green onions, carrots and diced red peppers tossed in a fresh sesame-lime dressing. Topped with wonton strips and Szechwan peanut sauce.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have never had a bad meal here, until today. We had lunch at Granite City today with 3 adults and 3 kids (two teenagers who ate off the adult menu). We arrived at 11:40, and were seated right away. But then the service was SO SLOW!!!! We saw our food come out and the server parade around the dining room before realizing it belonged at our table. Three meals came. Those people were over half-way done and the other meals had not arrived. We finally inquired, and two more of the meals came, but not yet the third! Needless today, the food was cold. My chicken salad sandwhich had been grilled, but was totally cold. My turkey almondine soup was warm, but had thickened to a gross texture. The fries and a flatbread were cold. My mom and aunt really enjoyed the Asian salad. The cheese on my sons burger was not even melted. The server brought a small box for an entire (huge) sandwhich that my aunt was going to bring home--- how she thought it would fit in there I do not know?! We asked for the ticket and a bigger box, she brings the box, not the bill. Our meal took forever and was disappointing.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

the beer here was very good, recommended by my server with samples,so I could choose something I really liked. The food is so so. I had the fish tacos, which are only fine.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We had a business lunch 2 weeks in a row and the person hosting picked this restaurant both times. Not impressed. Service was ok both times but the food was below average. The first time I ordered a burger from the lunch menu and my wife ordered a salad. Burger was over cooked and the bun was dry and her salad was soggy. Today I ordered the buffalo chicken wrap and she ordered the Asian chicken salad. The chicken in the wrap was hard and the wrap was falling apart. Her salad was a soggy mess again. We were disappointed because we had heard good things about this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We sat outside, as we usually like to do. It was a beautiful, relaxing Saturday early afternoon, and we enjoyed a wonderful lunch. Nachos were more than enough for my wife for lunch, as was the burger that I had. Done perfectly, fresh meat and buns, and it also made for a wonderful lunch on Sunday. The portions are always more than plentiful and the quality and taste are wonderful as well. We are never disappointed when we make a stop here.