“Recommended by the concierge 💁 ”
Review of Dancing Ganesha

Dancing Ganesha
Ranked #257 of 1,831 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful Indian restaurant in the heart of Minneapolis.

Classic Indian dishes. We had the chicken korma and chicken masala. Good selection of classic nan breads, and Indian beer.

The concierge at the W Foshay said it’s her fav Indian in Minneapolis, and I’d have to agree!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The food here is pretty great. This is the only place I have been able to find a true Butter Chicken dish. Most places have too thin of sauce, and likely don't splurge for the heavy cream when making, but use milk because it is cheaper. To me there is a difference when cooking, the quality of food is there. There garlic naan has actual garlic chunks too, it's not garlic salt and oil.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We went to have dinner with family. Chicken Briyani was terrible. Not at all like Briyani but like Masala rice with chicken chunks in it..

The quality of food has deteriorated over the past few years. Looks like the cooks changed.

Price is not worth the kind of food they serve.

Not going there anymore.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

As someone who has spent a lot of time in India, I'm often disappointed with Indian food in America. Dancing Ganesha exceeded my expectations! Enjoyed the environment, our server gave helpful suggestions, and the food came fast and was delicious! Pretty sure I left with a food baby cuz I ate so much but still carried home leftovers. Definitely recommend this restaurant to any Indian food lovers, and if you're not one already you will be after eating here.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My husband and I had dinner here during a recent visit to Minneapolis. It is by far a 5-star restaurant. The food was exceptional. My husband ordered the lamb, and I had the curried scallops. Vegetarian options were abundant. The serving size for each entree was plentiful, and I had enough for lunch the next day.

Our server was kind enough to offer menu suggestions, and even shared how we might want to make our food selections before a larger party placed their orders.

The wait time for our food was short, and the food was hot. We dined here using a Groupon, but would've paid full price because the entrees weren't expensive.

We would definitely return here on our next Minneapolis trip.