“Will be returning here! ”
Review of Chimborazo

Chimborazo
Ranked #13 of 1,835 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This was such a great meal! My boyfriend and I weren't sure what to expect. The outside doesn't look like much but once you walk in the restaurant has the cutest setup and excellent food! I got the friend rice and my boyfriend got some sort of lamb special. We both cleared our plates!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My wife and I were looking for a great place to have some food we have yet to try. I searched Trip Advisor and this place, of course, came up near the top of the list. Having never had Ecuadorean food before and based on good reviews, this place certainly seemed like a good choice. We were certainly not disappointed We arrived around 5:30pm on Saturday and were able to get a seat right away (by the time we left, around 6:30, the patio was full and inside was getting full). Our waitress was attentive, friendly, and took our order right away. I chose the chicken special with lots of extras (sort of a sample plate), my wife had the Caldo De Bolas De Verde and Ensalada Fresca. The food came quick and was better than expected. The portions are right sized, in other words, you are not going to get way more than you can eat. However, the prices are quite reasonable, with them most expensive entree costs $15, with more in the $10-12 range. We will be back!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I had a great solo supper on a beautiful evening. The outdoor seating was very nice. The Saltado with chicken was delicious - just enough of a kick. They substituted yucca for the fries for me & the yucca fries were great.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We didn't know what we would find on a Tuesday evening. The place was packed, young and old, couples, friends, and families. The background is people enjoying their food and others. We got a table near the door, but I saw a line forming a few minutes later. Service very friendly and quick. Food is heavenly! Reminds me of rural France in the early seventies. You know, I didn't even look for ketchup.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

While here, I got the Saltado and my boyfriend got the Enconcado with Mahi Mahi and we shared, best decision ever! Both were delicious!! The saltado had a little bit of spice with some vinegar undertones while my boyfriends was a little on the sweeter (coconutty), mild side. Our server was so kind and helped us decide on what to get. We also ordered an extra side of sweet plantain because it was just so dang good! So happy we decided to go here even though it was a little bit out of our way. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank Alexa A