“Average”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Our family dined in and we had a great server. But the food is just average. They were busy so our service had a few delays.

Cheesy Jalapeno Nachos - not very cheesy

PIZZA - you can pick your own combo. Pretty bland and chewy.

MONTEREY SHRIMP - good but would have been better with a thicker pasta
Sweet shrimp sautéed in olive oil with roasted garlic, asparagus, roasted red peppers and spinach. Finished with white wine, fresh lemon, butter and parmesan, then tossed with vermicelli pasta.

TAVERN BROWNIE - good
House made chocolate brownie, whipped cream, dark rum macerated seasonal berries, and caramel. Served with vanilla bean ice cream.

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Tavern on France, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us and provide us with some feedback! We appreciate your business and hope you'll give us another try in the future! If you have any more specific feedback let us know by filling out our online feedback form here: bit.ly/tavernfeedback - Thank you!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We chose this place on a whim because it was near our hotel. What a surprise! The food was excellent, the service was great, and the portions were more than enough that you wouldn't have room for dessert. One of the persons dining with me said it was the bet burger she had ever had. I really enjoyed the mashed potatoes. They had lumps just like homemade. I am most definitely going to eat here again when I go back to visit.

Thanks for taking a moment to review us! We are so lucky you choose to visit us while you were in town! We appreciate your business and truly look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I go to tavern on France a lot for work meetings. I always order the same pizza...which I love but service is hit or miss. I go back for the pizza and the location...that's it. Tonight my family decided to try happy hour in large part because the website lists $3 tap beers under the happy hour menu. On the full dinner menu, the $3 price is also mentioned but the server explained there are only 2 beers for $3 and the rest are $4. Seriously?! Have the integrity as a company to advertise the real price of your drinks - $3-$4 taps and then when a manager makes an unsolicited stop at our table to ask how everything was and we say not great, please don't argue with us about "us being confused". Not only is your marketing deceitful, but our food was bad. Nachos without cheese until you get to the bottom of the basket and then it's a velveeta type of processed sauce that isn't actually cheese and blue cheese chips that looked like they sat in the kitchen for way too long before being served. Furthermore, if you dare ask how things were and they were crappy, please do something to make up for the awfulness of the experience. I won't return for happy hour or for work meetings. I will take my business elsewhere.

One final note...my daughter noticed how slippery the floors are as does a colleague every time we dine here. My husband said it's grease build up on the floor....gross!

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Tavern on France, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to bring this situation to our attention. We are very disappointed to hear your experience with us was not satisfactory. We would love to gather a few more details and have a manager properly follow-up with you. Do you mind emailing us at edina@thetaverngrill.com OR filling out our online feedback form: bit.ly/tavernfeedback Thank you, and we hope to be in touch with you soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Food was higher-end tavern food. I had seared tuna. It was fine for the price but not at the same level as you'd get in a fine seafood or steak restaurant. Happy hour had some decent priced apps and drinks. Facility was nice... large, bustling. Staff was inconsistent... felt like you were eating at a chain restaurant. All-in-all it was decent for the price-point, good for groups/families, had a wide range of options on the menu that people should find accommodates most. I'd go back for casual dining or meeting colleagues, but would not really be a date or special occasion place for me.

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Tavern on France, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us and provide us with some feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in again for a dinner with friends or casual night out!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

You can design your own burger, salad, or pizza. The extensive menu items are also very good. Our hotel recommended it saying everyone liked it and we were certainly in that category. Our party had a salad, a burger, and chicken alfredo along with local beer. This would certainly be a regular place if we weren't from out of state.

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Tavern on France, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us! We are glad to hear you were able to visit us while in town! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again if you find yourself in the area!

Been to Tavern on France? Share your experiences!