US$143
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$110
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$242
US$197
US$179
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
All reviewshistoric suitesbarrel agedroad restauranthistoric sectionextra requestsdunn brothersawesome bedfront deskthe club loungeevent spacewell equipped gymsliding barn doorwhole foodscity museumanthony fallsice rinksuper bowl
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed one night for an event at US Bank Stadium. I found the location to be perfect for this occasion. It sits on the edge of downtown, but close enough to everything you'd want to be close to, yet far enough away from things you don't necessarily want to be close to. The hotel itself is nice, clean and had everything I'd want. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

TonyA987

Thank you for the nice review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location.

Next time your in Minneapolis we hope to see you again!

All our best

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The hotel is clean, safe, and reasonably priced, but otherwise, nothing remarkable. There's not much in the neighborhood. The Walgreens is a 10-15 minute walk and there are limited dining options within a 5 block radius.
There's a decent executive lounge that serves breakfast and evening snacks, along with Pepsi products. (Though if they put you in a room near the mezzanine, it will be about a full city block walk to get to the lounge. That was no fun, but not their fault; I didn't know enough to ask.)

The room was just OK. There were no bureau drawers, which made it tough to store anything didn't hang up. The water pressure in the shower is incredibly weak, and the shower head cannot be adjusted to spray anything except a basic "rain" setting. The toilet is also awful with low pressure flush.

The most surprising part of the stay, however, was the staff, who didn't care to bother with "Minnesota Nice". When I checked in, they were having problems with their computers, so they couldn't run my credit card. The person at the front desk kept telling me (in a loud voice which could be heard by everyone else in line) that my credit card had been "declined". When she learned that it was her computer, and not my card that was the problem, not only did she not apologize for embarrassing me, she shrugged and said "well I can't check you in anyways." I nearly left right there, and probably should have. Later, I called downstairs to let them know about the water pressure problems that I mentioned above, and I asked the gentleman who answered- just out of curiosity, why the room did not have any drawers or bathroom vanity space. He sniffed that they had recently gone through a "million dollar renovation" and they are sorry, but they "can't please everyone". That kind of flippant and thoughtless remark sounded just defensive enough to tell me that I wasn't the first to complain about those things.

The rudeness really surprised me. Minnesota is known for its "nice" - and the other hotels I have stayed at while on business there have bent over backwards to make guests feel welcome and appreciated. Perhaps I'll go back to one of those hotels next time.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to main elevator if you want to come and go through the lobby. If your are near mezzanine, it's really far away.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Lucy1201
Michael C, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your comments and please accept my apologies. We are typically very proud of our staff service and your feedback is helpful. We will look into the service encounters that you mentioned and follow up appropriately.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is lovely. Very unique. Dinner was fantastic. But the part was staff. From valet to host to waiter to guest service, we met wonderful people who made us feel so welcome. The cost was very reasonable. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hello sara C

Thank you so much for the great review, and the comments about our team members!

We hope when you are back in Minneapolis you will stay with us again.

All my best

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Stayed in a wedding block in this beautiful, historic property, a former Milwaukee Road train station. Fantastically helpful staff, luxury rooms. Only caveat was the absence of commercial amenities surrounding the hotel...no pharmacies, few shops, and not enough restaurants to make life interesting. But that's Minneapolis, people emptying out of the city at night with a driving culture that doesn't support neighborhood commercial activity. I was particularly annoyed not to be able to buy a copy of "The New York Times" ANYWHERE.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hello charlesthebarles

Thank you for the 5 star review! So glad you had a nice stay and truly enjoyed the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel and that our team was fantastically helpful!

We hope the next time your travels bring you to Minneapolis you will choose to stay with us again!

All my best

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We loved everything about the hotel- the location, its history, the fitness center, the breakfast, the bar, the staff (Randi in particular). Also, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, this hotel is only a Category 5 so less points required for a stay and such a steal! It should be a 6 or 7.

Room Tip: The historic rooms are considered an upgrade and very nice but loud if there is a wedding going on (and far from elevator).
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple