Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
US$115
US$109
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
All reviewshistoric suitesice rinkdunn brotherstrain stationnice hotelfire pitmill districtmississippi riverthe club loungecity museumthe stone arch bridgeunderground parkingbreakfast buffet isguthrie theaterrestaurant stafffront desk staffstayed here for two nights
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I really liked the room, the bed was incredibly comfortable and I liked the modernization of the room. And the maid did an incredible job of keeping the room clean and well stocked. My complaint would be the fact that the Hotel was highlighted as a hotel for the Marathon race. As the race ended in St. Paul the train ride back was at least 40 minutes plus the walk. As I was leaving the Sunday night all I needed was a shower. Rather than accomodating the late checkout because of the run, they would charge you half a day for the room for the convenience of a shower. A bit sad if you ask me. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay and found it quite easy to get to the Twins Target field, St. Paul etc. especially without a car.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Jackie P

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor!

Sorry we could not accommodate late check outs for all of the runners we had staying, as we were sold out.

We hope you did great and enjoyed the marathon!

All our best

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We made gift baskets for the 20 rooms we had booked there and asked them to be given out. First of all they were pretty rude and acted like it was inconvenience, but also charged $3 a box (which all the other hotels did for free with a smile). Somehow they messed it up and didn't deliver some of the boxes and when asked no one knew what was going on and said they "were all given out" which was a lie b/c some people haven't even checked in yet. After everything they wouldn't even refund us, even though it would've been only $60 to keep a customer happy, after we gave them so much business. Not recommending this place to anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hello Carolyn W

Again my apologies for any confusion. I am glad that I was able to fix this for you.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for my cousins wedding. Very nice. Right downtown. So much to do, eat, & see. The green rental bikes were a big hit with my families mode of transportation. Just rent for 24 hours. When your done park it. Use your card again to get a new code. Pretty sweet & cheap.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Beth L

Thank you for the 5 star shout out!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the area. This area does offer a lot to do!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We ended up getting last minute free tickets to the Vikings game in Mpls, and it happened to land on our 6th wedding anniversary. So I ended up booking a room on Hotwire.com to get a very nice room for very little money. We ended up with The Depot. It had great reviews. I then called the front desk to let them know that I did book a room already and let them know it is our anniversary and I requested a king size bed. When we got into our room, it was 2 double or queen size beds, so we did not even sleep together, since there was not enough room for the both of us comfortably. It was a very clean and nice room at least. The hotel does charge an extra $22 per vehicle to park in their garage, per day. The front desk gave us each a blue card to get out of the parking ramp so the attendant knew we had paid for our parking already. But when my husband left, he gave the attendant the card, but they made him pay $22 to leave anyways. So he actually had to pay twice to leave. This was annoying. I then had to go down to the front desk to have them get this figured out. We should not have had to do this. Made me wonder if the attendant did this often to scam money out of people?? If I had not said anything, nobody would have caught this. I was happy to get a very nice room for a great rate. It is a beautiful building. Not far from US Bank Stadium, about a 10-15 min walk. Overall it was good stay. I felt it could have been better.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Stephanie M

First I would like to say Happy Anniversary!! How awesome was that to get Vikings tickets last minute!

I am sorry that you received a room with two beds versus one, but hopefully our queen beds were still comfy.

Thank you for a great review! And we hope to see you on your next anniversary!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed there for a conference, and everything was great from start to finish.

The valet unloaded my bags from the trunk of the cab, even though that was the cabbie's job, and also had a welcome greeting for me. Check in was flawless and quick. I had opportunity to interact with the front-desk staff a few more times during my stay and they were always extremely helpful and super friendly.

The room itself was very nice and very modern. It was on the second floor, and looked out over the hotel's flat roof, but also into the rooms of other second-floor guests on another wing. Not that you could actually see anything, but it was kind of odd.

The desk had a granite top, which was kind of cool, but also actually cold when working on it. The desk chair itself was not on wheels and had no height adjustment, both of which are kind of annoying if you're actually trying to do some work. It did at least swivel, though. Mirrors on three walls,one of which was full length. It didn't have a big chair or a couch, but rather a private-jet style chair with a little cabaret table (in addition to the desk chair). It had a "bench" for the suitcase, rather than one of those fold-up metal things. A nice touch, but there's really no place for a second suitcase if you're traveling with two people. It does have a fridge and in-room safe, both of which are very helpful, especially since the safe was big enough to put a laptop in. There are two outlets and two USB inputs on BOTH sides of the bed, plus more on the desk. And the desk lamp has two outlets in the base too. So can plug in/charge all sorts of devices!

The bathroom has a sink that is in a separate space from the toilet and shower, which is always nice. And while the shower has a "rain" shower head, it still had a lot of power to it.

Housekeeping was good and bad. She emptied the ice bucket, dried it (replaced it?), and put in a new plastic bag. But she didn't empty the trash. And speaking of ice, there is no ice machine (at least on the second floor). Instead, there is a glass-doored fridge with individual bags of ice in it! Each bag is enough to fill the ice bucket. I've never seen that at a hotel before, but it worked out fine.

The conference facility was great. The food was excellent, and the staff did a great job of cleaning and replenishing water, glasses, coffee cups, etc., between sessions. There was also a little soft-drink fridge, which was a nice touch and much appreciated.The water pitchers were very modern, as were the overhead lights, which reminded me of Saturn's rings.

Didn't eat in the restaurant, Milwaukee Road, but did have a beer and a snack in the Club Lounge. Very relaxing atmosphere, very nice selection of local beers, and great wings--they had a nice kick to them!

The location is also great. You can walk to lots of downtown Minneapolis destinations, including St. Anthony Falls on the Mississippi, the Mill City Museum, and the Guthrie Theater.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Roger H

Thank you so much for the thoughtfully written review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your event with us.

Next time you are in Minneapolis we hope you choose to stay with us again!