All reviews historic suites barrel aged road restaurant historic section front desk awesome bed sliding barn door the club lounge event space well equipped gym city museum whole foods anthony falls ice rink drawer space toilet and shower located within walking distance
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Very beautifully decorated hotel. Location is great- walking distance to us bank stadium, parks, and trails. About 2 blocks from the bike trail that goes all around the city. Lovely patio area with a gas fire. Parking easy in and easy out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice suites. Decor is modern and fresh, bedrooms and baths are nice. The breakfast buffet is top notch, with plenty of staff, good selection and lots of seating. Front desk staff is friendly also. Parking is a breeze and free, which is shocking for downtown. Love the neighborhood as well. Would recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Spartygirl88

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you have enjoyed your time with us!

Its nice to hear that someone took care of your parking charges as there is a fee to park.

We hope you visit again!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We checked into our room rather late in the afternoon. Everything was ready, checking in was a little slow, but it was busy and the staff was very efficient and accomodating. The room was quiet, we had a nice street view, very clean and well appointed. Very lovely stay. The parking was a bit tricky and even when staying at the hotel we had to pay a separate fee for parking. I would recommend and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure, didn't investigate
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I really liked the room, the bed was incredibly comfortable and I liked the modernization of the room. And the maid did an incredible job of keeping the room clean and well stocked. My complaint would be the fact that the Hotel was highlighted as a hotel for the Marathon race. As the race ended in St. Paul the train ride back was at least 40 minutes plus the walk. As I was leaving the Sunday night all I needed was a shower. Rather than accomodating the late checkout because of the run, they would charge you half a day for the room for the convenience of a shower. A bit sad if you ask me. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay and found it quite easy to get to the Twins Target field, St. Paul etc. especially without a car.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Jackie P

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor!

Sorry we could not accommodate late check outs for all of the runners we had staying, as we were sold out.

We hope you did great and enjoyed the marathon!

All our best

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We made gift baskets for the 20 rooms we had booked there and asked them to be given out. First of all they were pretty rude and acted like it was inconvenience, but also charged $3 a box (which all the other hotels did for free with a smile). Somehow they messed it up and didn't deliver some of the boxes and when asked no one knew what was going on and said they "were all given out" which was a lie b/c some people haven't even checked in yet. After everything they wouldn't even refund us, even though it would've been only $60 to keep a customer happy, after we gave them so much business. Not recommending this place to anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jamie L, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hello Carolyn W

Again my apologies for any confusion. I am glad that I was able to fix this for you.

All my best