“Good consistent and tasty food options”
Review of Quang Restaurant

Quang Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 1,981 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Deli, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Reliable food is key to keeping your customer base and Quang's does a great job of maintaining their quality. The Pho is a mainstay and one of my favorites.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We love this place! We get Pho and spring rolls at least a few times per month - my wife usually gets the papaya salad. We've had many of the other dishes, and really can't go wrong with any of them, but we keep coming back to our favorites.

They seem to handle special requests fairly easily and we've never had a bad meal.

It can get busy, so we usually do take out.

1  Thank B F
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Quang for 10 years. This time I was disappointed. The hostess was friendly, but the table wasn’t perfectly clean when we sat down. She seemed more concerned about cleaning fast than cleaning well.

We sat down, but waited quite awhile for the waitress to come by.

While we sat there, we were really grossed out by the person cleaning tables by us. Instead of taking the dishes back to the kitchen, she brought a huge dirty cart with her along with a trash can and would empty the plates into the trash can right in the restaurant!!! I cannot believe the city food inspectors would allow this!!!

The clanking dishes were bad enough but when she emptied the leftover soup bowls into the trash it sounded like somebody puking!!! C’mon, have some class...please. We both almost vomited. Take the plates back to the kitchen and clean them there! It was so gross!!!!!!

Then, my wife’s pad thai came 8 minutes before my lemongrass chicken! This is unacceptable. I expect our food to come at the same time. They only had chop sticks and we had to ask for forks. She never asked.

The waitress apologized for the late plate of lemongrass chicken but if it comes more than a a couple minutes late I expect it to be offered to be taken off the bill. I don’t want some insincere, hollow apology!!! Again, show some class!

The food was great which is the only reason I am giving it a two star instead of one.

At checkout, the guy was a macho jerk. Just not friendly and not a nice person. My wife said “Guy’s who have to act like macho jerks like that are compensating for something small.” Does he realize the image he is casting off? Do the know what jerks they’re being?

A long-term problem with Quang is that only some of the people make you feel welcome. Some are are not warm and friendly. This tells me that management isn’t instilling a duty of customer service and making people feel welcome. The person bussing tables, clanking dishes, dumping food into trash right in the restaurant should be fired.

Always loved Quang but this was a bad experience. Hope they can improve because the food is great. It will be a long time before I go back. Do they care or is business too good? Do they really care about their customers?

1  Thank heavytraveler2017
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice lunch with daughter. Very busy but wow, they do a great job turning the tables but also are friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful restaurant and atmosphere - always bustling! Great food and service. Our kids always ask when we are going back. Our favorites are the Noodle salad with chicken and pad Thai with the thin noodles. We also order the fresh spring rolls! Anything you order would be fantastic. The service is so fast and efficient and great, for us now, that we get the same waitress (we only frequent on the weekends) and we feel like part of their family. She just asks if we are going with us he usual. We always take a Bon Mi sandwich to go. You wouldn’t go wrong with this restaurant.