“Afternoon LUnch”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 14 June 2013

DO NOT bring kids there. We were snubbed by every waitress there. They wouldn't even make eye contact with us. Took almost 20 minutes until someone finally stopped at our table.
We were a table of 6. The waitress brings out 5 plates of food to our table and one of my guests finally got her food 10 minutes after the rest of us. All she ordered was a salad.
Will not return to Peters Grill

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Peter's Grill is an institution dating back to at least the 1970s as that was the first time I've been there. Actually, I think it has been around in 3 different locations downtown Minneapolis for about 60 years. Peter's Grill can be overlooked as I've seen other diners packed with lines on a Sunday morning and we walked over to Peter's and got right in and ordered breakfast right away. Nothing fancy about the place and they serve good food at a good price.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Peter's is the place for outstanding apple pie or crisp, and if you are really lucky you will be there on a day when they have rhubarb pie. I LOVE rhubarb so I always call first to make sure they have it. Stop for coffee or a full meal. I like it best for pie and coffee. The place itself is really cool. Very deco, sort takes you back in time. The waitrresses, most of whom are "of a certain age" are delightful. You will probably meet Peter, as he keeps a close eye on his operation. Dinners are just plain good. Down home kind of fare. Reliably tasty! Nice clean place!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is the place to go to for a turkey or beef commercial - mashed potatoes - canned or frozen veggies and the meat with matching gravy... nice layout with plenty of counterspace for the diner who is alone - booths for groups.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I wanted just a little breakfast, so I ordered the short stack with a side of hashbrowns. Very good and huge servings.