“Great Meal!”

Cuisines: Diner, Deli, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 11 May 2015

My wife was coming downtown for lunch and asked me to take her for Greek food. I knew there was one option. We both had HUGE portions of very good gyro platters.

Such a great meal!

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

We shared one of the salad combos and we were so glad we did. It went on for days. And everything is being made in front of you. Really liked the sauce on the falafel. Tasted different than others I've had.

We were there at an odd ball time, 3 PM. So it was fairly empty. I would imagine the crowd might get maddening in such a small space during lunchtime.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My coworkers and I rave about the garlic dip and the kabob special and Fridays (and now Wednesdays by popular demand!) Tiny little cafe with two sweet men working behind the counter. I think they're starting to recognize me as "the garlic girl" because I ALWAYS ask for the dip. If you like Greek, you have to check this place out!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a small little greek cafe that I probably would not have found had I not been specifically looking for greek food. I am so glad I did find it because it was incredible! When you walk in it is just a small little shop and there was just one man working. He was very friendly, and had great service! He made the food right in front of us and everything was very fresh. I had a vegetable and hummus pita and it hit the spot! Great food, great service! Definitely would go back if I am back in the area.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I almost don't want to write this review because I don't want to have to share this amazing place :)

I had Trieste Cafe recommended to me by a coworker and since then have been back many times. It is located in the lumber exchange building and is just a small storefront on street level. The food is authentic, delicious and made right in front of you. Since the space is petite it seems to always be pretty crowded, I have always gotten lucky and found a seat but I still recommend asking for it as to-go just in case. As far as I know the cafe is only open Mon-Friday for lunch so it definitely caters to the work lunch crowd and is pretty busy during normal lunch hours.

For food I suggest you try the gyro salad and lemonade, I love both. The prices are reasonable and you get a TON of food, I always leave very full.

Overall I highly recommend checking this place out, by far my favorite lunch spot in Minneapolis.

2  Thank Sara J