“Good for Groups!”

Ranked #535 of 1,870 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Our group of sixteen ordered four "House Meat Platters" and four "Sheik's Delight Dinners" and ate Family Style. There was more than enough food to share! During an era where franchised falafel joints are "king", it's good to have a unique place to support the little guy!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I have been to this restaurant twice,and both times the food was wonderful!
They have great sampler platters, we split 2 for a party of 4,and we had plenty of food.
They food is fresh, and beautifully presented. I will go there every time I am in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

I like a good dive if the place has REALLY good food, The food here is barely ok. I will acknowledge that i'm Armenian and grew up eating Middle-eastern cuisine, so I'm picky, but it's over-seasoned, over-cooked and over-priced ($60 for lunch with App and dessert for three people!?). I've been here three times in 20 years, and I don't think they've cleaned the place once in that time, the water stains and caked dust dripping from the ceiling hangings are beyond gross and the prices are really high for what your getting. I don't know how this place could pass fire-code let alone a health department inspection. The service was attentive, but it took an unusual amount of time getting our food, especially considering we were the only ones in the restaurant.

Nothing would please me more than to have a great little divey middle eastern joint in the heart of the city, but there's a fine line between divey and just gross, and I think that Jerusalem's has allowed disrepair and deterioration to bring it into the latter column. It's really a shame too, but it just looks like they just stopped caring.

If they are still around in a few years, I'll peek my head in and see if they cleaned, until then, no thanks.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Great tasting food, in an interesting Middle Eastern style atmosphere. There were lots of vegetarian choices. The appetizers and sandwiches were delicious and not at all expensive.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

A party of 6 of us went there and even though a couple came in after us the waitress attended to them and took their order first and left us sitting unattended for a good 15 minutes.

The second main dish arrived about 15 min after the first; we were all so hungry we snarfed down the first one and then were just sitting around waiting for the 2nd.

With regard to the food, the Shawarma was the unbiquitous Americanized gyro meat. I have lived in the Middle East and nobody sells this fake gyro meat there, let alone masquerading as Shawarma. The salad had iceberg lettuce; again not standard fare in the Middle East at all. The falafel and Turkish was good.

Overpriced for value and service.