“Minnesota can be hot in January!”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
New Haven, Connecticut
“Minnesota can be hot in January!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was a return visit to the Twin Cities, my home for 10+ years in mid 80's & 90's. The Chambers is now managed by the Meridien chain, a change since my last stay when it opened. Hotel is still hip, beautiful architecture & design is holding up, Burnet's art collection graces the uber-white walls and makes it a destination for those who wish to avoid the 'chain' blandness that dooms most hotel experiences. Rooms are great, bedding is duvet-licious. Be aware that the food/drink prices from D'Amico are on the excessive side, but the service can be very accomodating. Found a remarkable room rate on their website, then called the hotel to verify and got an even better rate! Will definitely go direct next time. Parking garage next door is a much better deal than going with the valet, and the garage is heated...VIP in the winter. Most interesting new site in Mpls: Frank Gehry's addition to the Weisman Art Museum on the U of M campus. PS: he stayed at the Chambers :)

Room Tip: avoid a room directly on Hennepin due to street noise
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Hello n0name11,
First and foremost, welcome back to the Twin Cities; we hope that you enjoyed your return trip. Thank you for coming back to the property to stay with Le Méridien Chambers! It's great to read your appreciation for the prominent collection of art that is on display here! We can't wait to share your review with our entire team! We welcome you back to Le Méridien Chambers as we are excited to provide your next home away from home experience.
Best,
Le Méridien Chambers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Day two of romantic weekend with hubby spent here. Wanted an art boutique hotel in great location. Le Meridien Chambers fit the bill.

Valet parking snap easy. Nice guys too.

Lobby small, but very fun and funky. Love the fireplace, love the vibe of the D'Amico restaurant right off the lobby (gorgeous crystal chandeler) nice, bright and friendly staff. We were the last to check in so they upgraded us to a king deluxe room. Video screens playing artsy film clips every fifteen feet in the hallways.

Arrived at king deluxe to find the coldest room I've ever been in or seen. White walls, white tile bathroom, silver carpet, stainless steel and chrome fixtures, white bed, white leather chair. This room wasn't just clean, it was STERILE. View of the ice bar in the courtyard sealed this as the ice coldest room I've ever been in.

Called down to see if they had anything warmer, and front desk clerk reminded me I could adjust the temperature in the room! Cute. When I clarified that I was talking vibe and not temp, he let us check a standard queen room, the only other room left open in the hotel.

On the way to room #2, got a chance to see the stairwell which I loved! (seriously have never said THAT before) A riot of color! They gave some fabulous graffiti artist cart blanche to let imagination run riot against a brilliant orange background and it rocks! My fav art in the whole place.

Standard queen was lovely. Smaller, more intimate, a little more color, better view of the other side of the courtyard.

Best part of the whole stay was this big fat fabulous marshmallow of a bed. Down pillow top, down comforter, covered in the freshest crisp white 400 thread count sheets. Yum. Yum, yum, yum.

24 hour room service brought us latte and mocha at oh dark middle of the night morning.

Not your every day place, but a nice stay even so.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marriedtenplusyrs
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this boutique hotel while visiting friends in Minneapolis. I found a great deal on a discount website and was very pleased with our stay. The location was exactly where we wanted to be. The decor is clean and modern. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom very clean. My favorite thing about this room was the bathroom. The shower had a rainfall shower head which was so nice and the floors were heated!! There is not a ton of space in the room, but it was exactly what my husband and I needed - a place to sleep and shower. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: You may want to suggest a room without a courtyard view for less noise
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear MI_Traveler49506,
We are very grateful for your comments during your visit with us at Le Méridien Chambers. Furthermore, we are happy that you enjoyed the heated floors and our rainfall showers! We invite you back to Le Méridien Chambers to discover a new perspective!

Best,

Le Méridien Chambers
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Apparently on Monday night this hotel thinks its an awesome idea to have music in the hallway all night and music in the courtyard until 2:00AM ... mind you, this is December in Minnesota. Not to mention the pipes make giant banging sounds every 5 minutes. Awful stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bestadviceever
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Chambers is a boutique hotel right in the heart of the Minneapolis entertainment district. The rooms and the hotel are filled with original artwork. The furnishings and the beds are wonderful. A wonderful surprise for me was stepping into the bathroom at night and realizing that the floor is heated. During a cold Minneapolis night, the floors were certainly a delight!

I have stayed at the Chambers for both business and pleasure. I find myself being drawn to the hotel when I am not up for the large hotel experience and dragging my bags across large lobbies and up to the 30th floor and down to the end of the hall. I like being about to just steps away from my room.

In terms of service, I have had mixed experiences in my 8-10 stays. Generally the service is extremely professional and helpful. At times people at the front desk are somewhat clueless. The good news is that things get worked out, it just takes time. I won’t stay at hotels where the service is bad. The Chambers gets 8 of 10 stars on service. Chances are your experience will be excellent. If you run into a dud, give them an extra chance.

Room Tip: The executive suites are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business