This was a return visit to the Twin Cities, my home for 10+ years in mid 80's & 90's. The Chambers is now managed by the Meridien chain, a change since my last stay when it opened. Hotel is still hip, beautiful architecture & design is holding up, Burnet's art collection graces the uber-white walls and makes it a destination for those who wish to avoid the 'chain' blandness that dooms most hotel experiences. Rooms are great, bedding is duvet-licious. Be aware that the food/drink prices from D'Amico are on the excessive side, but the service can be very accomodating. Found a remarkable room rate on their website, then called the hotel to verify and got an even better rate! Will definitely go direct next time. Parking garage next door is a much better deal than going with the valet, and the garage is heated...VIP in the winter. Most interesting new site in Mpls: Frank Gehry's addition to the Weisman Art Museum on the U of M campus. PS: he stayed at the Chambers :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis is the country's first luxury art hotel. We have 60 guest rooms on 5 floors of 2 historic buildings and offer guests free admission to Walker Art Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Chambers Hotel Minneapolis