“Nice Dinner”
Review of Monello

Monello
Reserve with OpenTable
Monello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 1,840 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My dinner companion and I were the only guests in the restaurant when we arrived for an early dinner at 6. I started with a well-prepared grilled octopus and had the Bucatini All’Amatriciana for my main course. While fully flavored with perfectly cooked pasta, I found the dish somewhat on the salty side. Overall, my dinner at Monello was above average, and I would have liked to try their Pasta Tasting Menu – next time.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I don't usually expect much of hotel-based restaurants, particularly for breakfast. Boy, was I wrong about Monello. The breakfast menu is limited, but it's really good - worth a try particularly if you're in the area. And if you're there, you have to try the has browns and the toast - amazingly good and nothing like I've had anywhere else.

I was also surprised by the price point - I found it really reasonable for hotel restaurant prices, but then again I may be comparing this to what I would expect in NYC.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Came here to celebrate a special evening with friends. It was a lovely evening with the restaurant being mostly empty on this Wednesday evening. The food was delicious and the photos speak for themselves. The beet pasta dish was very lovely so be sure to keep the bread to soak up the sauce!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Although the restaurant is in the Hotel Ivy, you don't need to stay there to enjoy this gem of an Italian restaurant. Amazing Chef who has put together a marvelous menu that is unique among the many great Italian restaurants in the Twin Cities. This is a must try.

1  Thank wladwig
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Came in town for a business meeting and just needed a late dinner. Waiter was very helpful with the menu, the choices were definitely consistent with a 5 star hotel, and the quality didn't disappoint. The meal, wine pairing and dessert were flavorful and presented beautifully.

It can be a bit pricey, but they also have half sizes in some offerings so you can choose a smaller portion (and cost).

Definitely worth a visit if you're near.

1  Thank Diane G