All reviewshighway sideamerican innhot tublobby area isrooms are clean and comfortablenorthern mnaverage hotelhome away from homedesk staffnice poolwould stay againfree breakfastgreat place to stayironsawmillmotelhousekeeping
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The train noise is so bad we did not sleep a wink. Even with the hotel provided ear plugs (red flag right there) and a pillow over my head I did not sleep at all. Perhaps the street side is better but I will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank JRZYTM8TO
Reviewed 18 June 2018

If you can get used to railroad trains coming by early in the morning; it's worth the money to stay at this hotel. The breakfast is great; the hot tub is awesomely hot and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

very clean, basic room. $150/night seems pretty steep however.
convenient location and access to a decent sports pub for dinner.
ample space for parking truck and boats trailer. No train issues as some others have referenced.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The staff was unbelievably friendly and me forgetting the safes code I made and locking my stuff in the staff was understanding and helped me retrieve my items so I could be on my way that morning and they have an AMAZING breakfast

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Walked in to stay the night and asked if a room was available. The desk clerk (guy) said yes and gave me the rates for rooms. I am a very frequent traveler and like to give my business to Americinn as often as possible. Well I pulled out my Americinn card. This is where it takes a down turn. He explained that they don’t accept these cards and that they are switching to Windom which I also have a card. He said he didn’t know how to input the info for me to get my points. Ok no big deal. I pulled my credit card out and he said he didn’t know how to process a credit card but will photo copy it and my license and the next person in would input it. I thanked him and promptly left and got a room down the road at the Holiday Inn. Too many red flags for me. I do love staying at Americinn but not this time.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Good Evening Tim G,

In reviewing your reviewing, I specifically remember discussing this with our team, however I see my response was not posted.

AmericInn was recently purchased by Wyndham and the Easy Rewards Loyalty program has been updated to Wyndham Rewards. You should have been contacted and made award of the transition. Your Easy Reward points will be converted to Wyndham Rewards points, if you need help with this please let me know directly of contact Wyndham Rewards at 1-866-996-7937

When you stopped by for a room, we had the perfect storm of problems, let me explain: Our Property Management System had crashed, the ability to resolve the issue was complicated because of the brand transition and because of the system crash we were unable to process credit cards, simply said it was a nightmare, combined with the fact the young man at the desk was relatively new made your experience the worst it could be.

Please let me offer my most sincere apology, this was simply unacceptable!

We now have completed the conversation, upgraded our Property Management System and worked with our staff. I would invite your return and follow-up comments!

Please contact me directly at the property to further resolve this issue!

Jim Makowsky, General Manager