“Easter Brunch”
Review of Hy-Vee

Hy-Vee
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in New Hope
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We Were Here by 10 and got seated right away. All the food was above-average. Lots of variety and tasty treats.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I'd enjoyed the food court area of Hy-Vee several times, but this weekend marked my first visit to the Market Grille for their Sunday Buffet. OH MY GOODNESS! Come hungry- you will get a HUGE selection of fresh and delicious food! From their brunch selections in the restaurant (shrimp cocktail, salmon, prime rib) to the full reign of their food court selection (pizza, Asian, salads and soups), the selection in incredible! And the price is SO reasonable. My 4-year old ate for free! We love the quality of food at Hy-Vee, and discovering this brunch buffet just guarantees we'll be back for many Sundays to come. If you haven't made the trip to your local Hy-Vee yet, DO IT NOW!!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is part of a huge amazing state of the art grocery store...worth a visit just for that experience. We have dined at the restaurant twice and the food is good and the prices are very reasonable. This is not our part of town but we are drawn a few times a year.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

My friend and I were here for lunch on a Thursday, and were happy with the booth we had, for the quiet it offered. Plus, it made it harder to see the multiple TV screens around the room.

We ordered a burger with fries (my friend) and I ordered the salmon with grilled vegetables and wild rice. It took at least 20 minutes for our meals to arrive. My friend was fine with her burger, a bit smaller than it looked in the photo on the menu, and the generous portion of fries, which she was so nice to share with me!

My meal, however, was awful. The piece of salmon was not only small, about the size of a thick deck of cards, but looked like it had no cooking oil or sauce or anything on it. It left no trace of anything on the plate to indicate it had been cooked in anything, though it did have grill marks on it. It was dry and stringy. And instead of grilled vegetables, was a huge (one cup, at least) pile of steamed broccoli. No flavoring, just steamed. Not even salt or seasoning of any kind on it, certainly not the grilled squash, onions, and peppers that were supposed to come with it.

Our waitress saw my dismay and took it back to the kitchen, then someone on the staff told me it would take a while to re-make it as they did not have any salmon in the kitchen, and would have to go out to their fish market on the floor to get some! After waiting to so long to get our meals, and with my friend waiting to eat hers until mine was served, I instead opted to get the salad with chicken on top, which was good.

Inexplicably, when they brought my salad, which came fairly fast, they also brought out just the grilled vegetables and little tub of rice anyway. They did not charge me for them. The rice was good and the vegetables were lightly grilled in a light oil, and tasted wonderful -- nice job. But it didn’t fix the delayed meals and dried-up salmon.

In all, they excel in some areas and not in others, making it a very awkward lunch with all the distractions.

They SPRAY THE TABLES here between parties. Another reason my review is only two stars.

Maybe they excel at bar food but I won’t try them again unless it’s the only option.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Love hyvee! The employees are always friendly to me and helpful. I only go there to buy certain things or things that I find on sale with a fuel saver other than that I try to avoid the meat counter and all of the Temptation with a Chinese food there